Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,670 Members 44,292 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

noob mistake while attempting to flash to a new ROM

Tip us?

slowtolearn
Old
(Last edited by slowtolearn; 5th January 2014 at 05:30 AM.) Reason: solved
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default noob mistake while attempting to flash to a new ROM

im sorry to be such a noob but while flashing to a new ROM in recovery I made a noob error I put the new ROM on the sdcard and then proceeded to partition the sdcard in 4ext recovery being new to flashing I didn't realise that it would also wipe the ROM from the sdcard and I jumped a step in the guide I was following by then proceeding to wipe the old ROM ready to install the new one which I thought was already on the sdcard doh! so the outcome is im stuck at the bootloader until I can install another O/S ROM on the phone the way im thinking is the only way to do this is with a workaround using skd and adb but im not sure how to work this could someone with a bit more expierence than me guide me through it........once you have all stopped laughing at such a noob mistake

EDIT: solved thanks to the below procedure

Chromium
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5,908

DONATE TO ME
-Plug phone into PC
-Boot into 4ext recovery and click "toggle usb storage"
-Wait for the phones sd storage to show up on the PC, and when it does copy over a rom
-Flash rom
-Reboot
-Profit
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromium For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

slowtolearn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromium_ View Post
-Plug phone into PC
-Boot into 4ext recovery and click "toggle usb storage"
-Wait for the phones sd storage to show up on the PC, and when it does copy over a rom
-Flash rom
-Reboot
-Profit
thanks so much for the quick response you have got me out of a foolish mistake and I salute you