FORUMS

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

The Ultimate Showcase of dBrand Skins

In the search for ways to protect, accessorize, and personalize; a user has many options. One … more

Huawei’s Rapid Rise to Third Place in the Smartphone Race

Huawei has quickly grown to become one of the world’s biggest … more

[Photo] Note 3 N9005: Action isn't allowed with apps!

45 posts
Thanks Meter: 5
 
By PatienceWithin, Member on 4th January 2014, 06:58 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
5th January 2014, 03:14 AM |#11  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramag69

Now this is VERY important... Go to security and UNTICK reactivation Lock before flashing anything.... Especially if you decide to root...

If I'm putting two and two together. That's for sure a vital tip! Thanks!

I know I asked the question above but anyone able to answer the possible issue. I know I can't get LTE because its N9005 doesn't have the base sets At&t accepts but does that include At&t 4G also?
 
 
5th January 2014, 03:16 AM |#12  
radicalisto's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag York
Thanks Meter: 1,540
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWithin

If I'm putting two and two together. That's for sure a vital tip! Thanks!

I know I asked the question above but anyone able to answer the possible issue. I know I can't get LTE because its N9005 doesn't have the base sets At&t accepts but does that include At&t 4G also?

LTE = 4G is it not?
5th January 2014, 03:20 AM |#13  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto

LTE = 4G is it not?

Is it because what's weird is. I've had straight talk since the S2 Skyrocket (LTE compatible) and it's never triggered. Only 4G, and as well for my S3, never triggered. Only 4G. Why I guess, I asked a stupid question. Therefore my N9005 is just a hulk of plastic, lol? >.< Shhitt!
5th January 2014, 03:22 AM |#14  
radicalisto's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag York
Thanks Meter: 1,540
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWithin

Is it because what's weird is. I've had straight talk since the S2 Skyrocket (LTE compatible) and it's never triggered. Only 4G, and as well for my S3, never triggered. Only 4G. Why I guess, I asked a stupid question. Therefore my N9005 is just a hulk of plastic, lol? >.< Shhitt!

hehe, well I think it's how different networks display it on the device, not got 4G here yet... Well I have a 4G sim card, just no network til this month sometime so can't comment 100% on it. - yeah you need the N900(A) for ATT I think.
5th January 2014, 03:38 AM |#15  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto

hehe, well I think it's how different networks display it on the device, not got 4G here yet... Well I have a 4G sim card, just no network til this month sometime so can't comment 100% on it. - yeah you need the N900(A) for ATT I think.

Makes sense regarding how the providers display the LTE icon. Yep, I boo-boo'd getting the N9005!



It's not like I'll be doing any crazy torrent downloading or nor anything needing speed. I usually don't see less than 4 bars anywhere I go.
5th January 2014, 03:49 AM |#16  
radicalisto's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag York
Thanks Meter: 1,540
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWithin

Makes sense regarding how the providers display the LTE icon. Yep, I boo-boo'd getting the N9005!



It's not like I'll be doing any crazy torrent downloading or nor anything needing speed. I usually don't see less than 4 bars anywhere I go.

4G is just a data milker anyway, I think 3G is fine for most people, I average about 1.5GB per month use on my data I think... I dread to think what it'd be on 4G - You could always sell the N9005 and get an N900 lol
5th January 2014, 05:25 AM |#17  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto

4G is just a data milker anyway, I think 3G is fine for most people, I average about 1.5GB per month use on my data I think... I dread to think what it'd be on 4G - You could always sell the N9005 and get an N900 lol

With having Straight talk. Data didn't seem to be an issue with me but when you get a second. Check out this thread, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2531390 From what I'm reading, it can work with 4G from At&t but not LTE or is that based specifically on the the PINK version of N9005! Or maybe it's just me reading it wrong and delusional in hoping I can find a way to flash At&t LTE modem since the N9005 had the hardware for it! Not too worried about the LTE but would feel better having the 4G for when I go into the cities. I could sell it but with being in the US and a lot of users are going to want the 4G/LTE feature. Probably be a pain as well rather not have to deal with shipping overseas because it'll take entirely way to long for that item to deliver. I guess I can poke around in several marketplaces and see what's the market for these versions over here.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes