5,593,793 Members 44,975 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[POLL]Install CWM from ICS without unbricking.

Tip us?

Swetnes
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 216
Default [POLL]Install CWM from ICS without unbricking.

I wanted to find out if anyone thinks it would be useful to be able to root ICS and install CWM without having to downgrade to GINGERBREAD first? I have pulled the unlocked bootloader from the P936's v10i Rom and replaced the locked bootloader from ICS and install CWM Touch and therefore eliminating the need to unbrick your phone first. This includes either full stock or after a fresh install from v18f/v20x. This is done through ADB using a simple bat file.

So I just need to know:
1. Yes I think this is useful or
2. No this isn't useful.

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda app-developers app

dante501
Old
Thanks Meter 131
1. Absolutely. I am on ICS and installing a recovery seems a pain in the ... Of course every easier method would be highly welcome.

Sent from my LG-P930 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to dante501 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

audit13
Old
Thanks Meter 268
You cannot unlock the bootloader on ICS and you need an unlocked bootloader in order to install a custom recovery from what I have seen and read.

I saw in another post that someone was able to do and I would love to see a bat file that saves us the trouble of unbricking.

Swetnes
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13 View Post
You cannot unlock the bootloader on ICS and you need an unlocked bootloader in order to install a custom recovery from what I have seen and read.

I saw in another post that someone was able to do and I would love to see a bat file that saves us the trouble of unbricking.
I found a way . Actually it more accurate to say that I found a way to push an unlocked boot loader that bypasses the lock. Fully tested. I will provide more details when I get the thread done. No unbricking needed.

audit13
Old
Thanks Meter 268
Awesome. Do you know if this would work on a P935 as well or did you just try it on a P930?

Swetnes
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13 View Post
Awesome. Do you know if this would work on a P935 as well or did you just try it on a P930?
Yes the entire p93x series.

The Following User Says Thank You to Swetnes For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Swetnes
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swetnes View Post
Yes the entire p93x series.

available here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2598278

The Following User Says Thank You to Swetnes For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]