XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

help! bricked my phone i think

Tip us?

scottypeterson
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 181
Default help! bricked my phone i think

I was on the Swampmonster rom but i kept having issues with hands free activation do i decided to unroot and start over.
Here's what i did, i used to flash the back to stock mc2 rom here https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2086769
After I flashed this, I flashed the root. zip and then rebooted back to the special recovery and it finished the install. Rebooted but am stuck at the samsung splash screen, I can get into odin and stock recovery. Is there a way to odin back to mc2 stock and get my phone working again? Thanks
Device: Rooted Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 2
]
Hit that thanks button if I helped

ianmb
Old
(Last edited by ianmb; 5th January 2014 at 05:26 AM.)
Thanks Meter 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottypeterson View Post
I was on the Swampmonster rom but i kept having issues with hands free activation do i decided to unroot and start over.
Here's what i did, i used to flash the back to stock mc2 rom here https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2086769
After I flashed this, I flashed the root. zip and then rebooted back to the special recovery and it finished the install. Rebooted but am stuck at the samsung splash screen, I can get into odin and stock recovery. Is there a way to odin back to mc2 stock and get my phone working again? Thanks
Have you tried to flash a custom recovery using Odin for PC? If you can then you should try to install Billards back to stock counter reset mc2 ROM. You may have to reroot and I recommend CF Auto Root. Heres zip file for Odin. A flashable tar file to use in Odin
When running Odin make sure ONLY thing checked is Auto reboot. You are in download mode on phone...(vol down-home-then power..holding all three till it boots into download mode). Make sure com port is lit on Odin.Click on PDA and locate the cwm file and click on it. Should put it into the PDA slot, hit start. If it fails change usb input slots with cable, hit reset and try again. Make sure you have the Billard 412 Rom on external/internal before doing tthis. Once the recovery is flashed try to install the Rom.
Let me know how it goes and by the way is been awhile since Ive seen you from the OG EVO days!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Odin3_v3.07_SGSIII.zip - [Click for QR Code] (452.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: tar recovery-cwm-6.0.2.5-SPHL900.tar - [Click for QR Code] (6.45 MB, 8 views)
Don't touch my Galaxy Note II !!!

Current:
ROM:SMOOTHEST>>>PERIOD!!!!!
KERNEL : Stock, that came with 4.3
Old Cells: LG Incite, HTC EVO 4G
The Following User Says Thank You to ianmb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

scottypeterson
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmb View Post
Have you tried to flash a custom recovery using Odin for PC? If you can then you should try to install Billards back to stock counter reset mc2 ROM. You may have to reroot and I recommend CF Auto Root. Heres zip file for Odin. A flashable tar file to use in Odin
When running Odin make sure ONLY thing checked is Auto reboot. You are in download mode on phone...(vol down-home-then power..holding all three till it boots into download mode). Make sure com port is lit on Odin.Click on PDA and locate the cwm file and click on it. Should put it into the PDA slot, hit start. If it fails change usb input slots with cable, hit reset and try again. Make sure you have the Billard 412 Rom on external/internal before doing tthis. Once the recovery is flashed try to install the Rom.
Let me know how it goes and by the way is been awhile since Ive seen you from the OG EVO days!
I ended up flashing Philz recovery thru odin then i was able to fix my phone. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Device: Rooted Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 2
]
Hit that thanks button if I helped