Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Downloaded files not appearing in folder...

OP mrjester

4th January 2014, 11:01 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Hi, I have a stock S4 LTE running 4.3

Im having a frustrating problem where when I download large jpgs (13mb or so), I can open them from download manager (which loads the gallery app) but the files dont appear in the gallery itself, nor in root explorer or es file explorer etc. I can see other downloads in there, just seems to be the large jpgs (at least all I noticed is missing).

Searching online seems to always get a response of clearing the gallery/download cache and rebooting, but it doesnt seem to work for me. I even wondered if it was a Knox thing, but I dont think so (?).

Any help appreciated! Its not that I desperately need the files, more that I have no way of deleting and im sure they are eating space.

R

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app
4th January 2014, 11:07 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 188

936 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjester

Hi, I have a stock S4 LTE running 4.3

Im having a frustrating problem where when I download large jpgs (13mb or so), I can open them from download manager (which loads the gallery app) but the files dont appear in the gallery itself, nor in root explorer or es file explorer etc. I can see other downloads in there, just seems to be the large jpgs (at least all I noticed is missing).

Searching online seems to always get a response of clearing the gallery/download cache and rebooting, but it doesnt seem to work for me. I even wondered if it was a Knox thing, but I dont think so (?).

Any help appreciated! Its not that I desperately need the files, more that I have no way of deleting and im sure they are eating space.

R

Go to Store, install Ghost Commander (most likely some other explorers can do the job, but I don't know them).
then, go to the root of the internal sdcard, press the menu button -> location -> search, input *.jpg. Optional, you can set the "bigger than" parameter or the "after, before| values. Repeat for *.jpeg pattern. If nothing will show up, use the asterisks as *.* and bigger than value as 12MB, smaller than SOMETHING.
If nothing will be found - repeat for the external SD.
5th January 2014, 07:48 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Thanks!! Feel a bit stupid actually. The app had its own folder called 'download' so the files were hiding there, not in the root download.

Thanks again

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread