Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,193 Members 37,345 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Downloaded files not appearing in folder...

Tip us?

mrjester
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Downloaded files not appearing in folder...

Hi, I have a stock S4 LTE running 4.3

Im having a frustrating problem where when I download large jpgs (13mb or so), I can open them from download manager (which loads the gallery app) but the files dont appear in the gallery itself, nor in root explorer or es file explorer etc. I can see other downloads in there, just seems to be the large jpgs (at least all I noticed is missing).

Searching online seems to always get a response of clearing the gallery/download cache and rebooting, but it doesnt seem to work for me. I even wondered if it was a Knox thing, but I dont think so (?).

Any help appreciated! Its not that I desperately need the files, more that I have no way of deleting and im sure they are eating space.

R

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app

spamtrash
Old
Thanks Meter 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjester View Post
Hi, I have a stock S4 LTE running 4.3

Im having a frustrating problem where when I download large jpgs (13mb or so), I can open them from download manager (which loads the gallery app) but the files dont appear in the gallery itself, nor in root explorer or es file explorer etc. I can see other downloads in there, just seems to be the large jpgs (at least all I noticed is missing).

Searching online seems to always get a response of clearing the gallery/download cache and rebooting, but it doesnt seem to work for me. I even wondered if it was a Knox thing, but I dont think so (?).

Any help appreciated! Its not that I desperately need the files, more that I have no way of deleting and im sure they are eating space.

R

Go to Store, install Ghost Commander (most likely some other explorers can do the job, but I don't know them).
then, go to the root of the internal sdcard, press the menu button -> location -> search, input *.jpg. Optional, you can set the "bigger than" parameter or the "after, before| values. Repeat for *.jpeg pattern. If nothing will show up, use the asterisks as *.* and bigger than value as 12MB, smaller than SOMETHING.
If nothing will be found - repeat for the external SD.

mrjester
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks!! Feel a bit stupid actually. The app had its own folder called 'download' so the files were hiding there, not in the root download.

Thanks again