[ROM][21-12-2013][CM 10.2] 4.3.1 - Jelly Mod - v1.0

Tip us?

tobyblaze
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default masterleron

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterleron View Post
Make sure you wiped data, cache, and dalvik cache, and flashed the correct gapps.
@masterleron I am still face the same problem with this rom so I re downloaded the rom and flashed it again (I did the three steps in wiping). when the new ROM loads up it shows a place to select language before I choose any language I get a error message saying the android ASOP key board as stopped working this message keeps popping up secondly the back and menu button doesn't function. Because of the crashing keyboard I can't type any thing pls help.

Smoover
Old
(Last edited by Smoover; 3rd January 2014 at 12:08 AM.) Reason: Initial problem solved, description of additional problem added
Thanks Meter 5
Hi there and a wonderful new year to all of you.

Great work on the ROM, all the features work as "advertised" . This ROM is fast, agile and reliable, even on the somewhat dated hardware of the Z.

[EDIT -- SOLVED, NEW QUESTION]
After editing *.kl keyboard layout files and *.kcm key character maps for three hours, the physical keyboard is now working again. I am not entirely sure why, but the main contributer was probably to remove all the ticks from the "set keyboard layout" selection list so that the system reverts back to "Default" which somehow in this case results in it loading the "vision-keypad-ger.kcm" character map file (and not the "Generic" file which I assumed).

NEW QUESTION:
Is it possible to make the shift and alt ("FN") keys "sticky"? In the current setup, you have to press the modifier keys and the target key simultaneously. In one of the previous ROMs I used, you could press shift and/or alt, release them and then press the target key. Unfortunately, I don't know which ROM was configured in that way so that I could have a look at the configuration files. Any ideas?

[END EDIT]

However, I think I managed to break one of the key features of the device. The physical keyboard does no longer work as intended. I am pretty sure it worked immediately after flashing the ROM, but then I got curious and did the following:

In the system settings for language and input, there is a section "physical keyboard" that (for me) contains the entry "vision-keypad-ger". I clicked it, chose "set keyboard layout" and selected the appropriate language, in my case "German".

Pressing the FN modifier key and any key on the physical keyboard now has no effect, except for the key with the exclamation mark. And even then it only works when pressing the FN modifier and the key simultaneously instead of in sequence.

Is there a way to revert the keyboard settings to a functional state without having to flash the ROM again? Replace a config file of some sort?

Thanks and have an excellent day.
-- Smoover
The Following User Says Thank You to Smoover For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tobyblaze
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default ideas please

after flashing this ROM my back and menu button doesn't work I have wiped data cache n delvik cache but d result is the same any idea on what to do .but I have not flash any gapps along with it just want to know if flashing it gapps will make the

arunal_123
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobyblaze View Post
after flashing this ROM my back and menu button doesn't work I have wiped data cache n delvik cache but d result is the same any idea on what to do .but I have not flash any gapps along with it just want to know if flashing it gapps will make the
You have to flash Gapps, or else your back button wont work. And even might get android keyboard fc.
This was the same initial problem in NeverGone\Ru's 4.3.
Flash your gapps, everything will be fine.

Sent from my Desire Z using xda app-developers app

DEV TEAM:

1. Dr. GlobbyGlob
  2. iamdofus
  3. JustPlayingHard
  4. sumeetpingale
  5. arunal_123
  6. linsalata28
[/FONT]
The Following User Says Thank You to arunal_123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tobyblaze
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default ok

will download d gapps tonight n flash it.
Tags
cm10.2, desirezg2, jb4.3, jb4.3.1