Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,212 Members 43,128 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Graphical glitches on PA 4.0+

Tip us?

blcpl
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Graphical glitches on PA 4.0+

I've recently installed the January 1st build of PA 4.0+ on my G Pad, and I've been having some relatively minor issues with it.

When opening a new tab in Chrome while having a tab already open, and then switching back to the first, only a fully black webpage is displayed. Touching the screen makes the correct page reappear.

While browsing the library in Komik Reader, the screen flickers and nothing is displayed. Touching the screen to scroll through the titles makes the content visible, but it disappears again as soon as I lift my finger off the screen. Once a title is opened everything works as expected.

In both cases, only the content of the app go missing— navigation and status bars always remain visible, as do the address bar in Chrome and the ads displayed at the bottom of Komik Reader while browsing the library. I imagine it's something wrong with the display drivers, as I didn't have either issue on stock, but is it an issue with the ROM, or with my device/install specifically?

I also have a weirder problem still: using the Google Experience Launcher, every time I reboot the first app shortcut on the right of the favorites tray disappears. Any app I put there, I always find an empty space after a reboot. None of the other shortcuts are affected, only the rightmost one. What could be the cause?

whoamigriffiths
Old
Thanks Meter 655
I have the same issue with both chrome and chrome beta. A tap on the screen brings the screen back. I've been putting the blame on chrome and am waiting for an update.
I tried all the roms released to date and I've had the problem on all of them.

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
"It's psychosomatic. You need a lobotomy. I'll get a saw."