Install Fail, Sideload not working - CM 11 - 12.12 - CWM

Tip us?

JustaRad
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Install Fail, Sideload not working - CM 11 - 12.12 - CWM

Hey guys,

i'm really sorry to bother you, i'm normally not the type of guy who jumps to "help me" real quick. However, since there doesnt seem to be anyone else with my Problem, and i couldt fix it by reading stuff myself, here i go.

Basically, i started off with a brand new internat. G2, D802. I didnt accept any OTAS.

I rooted it with ioroot, no problem. Afterwards, i installed CWM 6.0.4.4. Semi-touch as described in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2468858. Still no problem. Everything booted fine, no bootsloops, no nothing. Perfect so far.

Made a Nanondroid, saved my EFS. Backed it up. So far so good.

Then, i dlŽed the newest CM 11 Nightly, 12.12.2013. I went into Recovery, and did FactReset -> Format Sys -> Wipe Cache -> Wipe Dalvik

When i tried to install CM, a "status 7 error" was returned, i can give the complete message any time. Maybe i hit a corrupt download, idk.

Well, under "mount storage", connect an usb storage didnt work, so i guess iŽm stuck with sideload.

I read some tutorials, and when showing the devices with my phone being in recovery, it shows "XXXXXX (some number, guess my mac-adress), recovery". SO i guess thats fine.

I then enabled "install zip via sideload" in cwm, and did "adb sideload /PATH/NEWLYDOWNLOADEDROM.ZIP". Wont work, all it returns is the list of commands.
Doing "adb push /PATH/ROM.ZIP /sdcard/XXX" does seem to copy something, however, when accessing that folder, it says theres no zip there.

i'm kind of at a loss now. Entering CWM works without fail, but how to proceed? I still have the Nandroid on my phone to resort to, but well, id rather get stuff working.

Thanks for help guys. All your hard work is appreciated.

JustaRad
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Well, i managed to push stuff to my phone successfully now, still that error: set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed.

Googling stuff returns that it seems to be an error with CWM. However, i am still using the latest version. Even so, how do i up/downgrade (maybe offical version) in cwm itself? Or do i have to use a 3rd party programm.

schnergun
Old
Thanks Meter 54
how were you able to push to the phone? I cant get ADB to read my phone through twrp
The Following User Says Thank You to schnergun For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JustaRad
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Owell, ended up fixing stuff myself.

What i did was:

Download an the official CWM from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2468858.

Then go to where your adb stuff on your pc is, shift+right click -> open command prompt here. Connect your phone to the pc via usb cable, while beeing i recovery (i guess cwm or twrp shouldnt matter).

In Cmd, do:

adb kill-server
adb start-sever
adb devices

that should bring up something like [Some Number, your phones mac-address] recovery

all the while, do not start "install zip via sideload" in your recovery. I did not need that at all.

in your command prompt, type:
adb push PATH_TO_YOUR_DOWNLOADED_RECOVERY/WHATEVER_ITS_NAME_IS.zip /sdcard/WHATEVER_ITS_NAME_IS.zip

it will copy the recovery to your /sdcard-folder.
Type "adb kill-server" and unplug phone (did it just to be sure, idk if its necessary)

In your recovery, just install the downloaded .zip-recovery, and under "advanced" do reboot recovery.

It left me with a touch version of cwm 6.0.4.4, the same version number as before. However, this time installing the latest cm-11 nightly worked just fine.
Idk if the unofficial one is bugged, but best someone post that in the cwm-recovery thread. I cant, since my post are not over 9000.

Hope it helps.

ceredics
Old
Thanks Meter 274

DONATE TO ME
im having this issue on my VZW LG G2. Im stuck in CWM getting Status 7 abortions when trying to flash cm 10.2. Rooted with io. I was on OTA 12B and looking for a fix.

ceredics
Old
Thanks Meter 274

DONATE TO ME
Fixed it myself, thanks.