Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Wifi detection sucks...Shame on Samsung

OP prasanna.desh123

4th January 2014, 09:35 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 14

63 posts
More
Hi guys..

Its the same old problem with this tablet. I have mentioned about it in another thread as well. My GS2 and GS3 connects to my wifi without any troubles but this buggy bastard from Sammy doesnt even detect it. I managed to get it working by changing modes of wifi but it stopped again.

Please guys help me. Anyone else having this problem? please comment.
4th January 2014, 12:03 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 364

1,529 posts
More
Hm wifi is perfect with mine. Have tried the app wifi analyzer to check the strength and channel overlapping of your wifi?
4th January 2014, 02:07 PM   |  #3  
Flag Spokane, Washington
Thanks Meter: 4,279

8,817 posts
Here's Wi-Fi tests from my N3 and N10.1-14. In actual use both are very good performance wise and always find and hold a specified connection. The N10.1-14 actually performs a bit better than the N3.

N10.1-14

N3

4th January 2014, 08:04 PM   |  #4  
Flag Waratah
Thanks Meter: 577

4,465 posts
But Sammy still screwed the pooch with wifi... Their older phones have better wifi reception than their newest offerings.... Is pretty piss poor quality control....
5th January 2014, 02:00 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 15

60 posts
Are you sure? I thought mine was failing to detect wifi but it was just that the firmware was looking for the wrong channels as I switched to ML1. When I changed the channels on my router it was fine again. Channels aside, it detects the same networks as my Note II pretty much everywhere I've tried.
5th January 2014, 10:17 AM   |  #6  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 14

63 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG

Here's Wi-Fi tests from my N3 and N10.1-14. In actual use both are very good performance wise and always find and hold a specified connection. The N10.1-14 actually performs a bit better than the N3.

N10.1-14

N3

The thing is that I can only test it when the tablet will be able to detect these networks. Mine detects for few others but not my home one. Another thing is that I could have accepted everything about the router, channels etc if my GS2 and GS3 were failing to detect as well.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread