Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,959 Members 43,275 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wifi detection sucks...Shame on Samsung

Tip us?

prasanna.desh123
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default Wifi detection sucks...Shame on Samsung

Hi guys..

Its the same old problem with this tablet. I have mentioned about it in another thread as well. My GS2 and GS3 connects to my wifi without any troubles but this buggy bastard from Sammy doesnt even detect it. I managed to get it working by changing modes of wifi but it stopped again.

Please guys help me. Anyone else having this problem? please comment.

clouds5
Old
Thanks Meter 344
Hm wifi is perfect with mine. Have tried the app wifi analyzer to check the strength and channel overlapping of your wifi?
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S III | Stock rooted
Tablet: Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Wifi | Stock rooted

BarryH_GEG
Old
Thanks Meter 4117
Here's Wi-Fi tests from my N3 and N10.1-14. In actual use both are very good performance wise and always find and hold a specified connection. The N10.1-14 actually performs a bit better than the N3.

N10.1-14

N3

ultramag69
Old
Thanks Meter 574
But Sammy still screwed the pooch with wifi... Their older phones have better wifi reception than their newest offerings.... Is pretty piss poor quality control....
If You Disagree Or Think I'm Wrong, Look Closer At My Avatar...

anthropoidape
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Are you sure? I thought mine was failing to detect wifi but it was just that the firmware was looking for the wrong channels as I switched to ML1. When I changed the channels on my router it was fine again. Channels aside, it detects the same networks as my Note II pretty much everywhere I've tried.

prasanna.desh123
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG View Post
Here's Wi-Fi tests from my N3 and N10.1-14. In actual use both are very good performance wise and always find and hold a specified connection. The N10.1-14 actually performs a bit better than the N3.

N10.1-14

N3

The thing is that I can only test it when the tablet will be able to detect these networks. Mine detects for few others but not my home one. Another thing is that I could have accepted everything about the router, channels etc if my GS2 and GS3 were failing to detect as well.