XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Wireless Tether apps that work on rooted Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4

Tip us?

will4958
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Wireless Tether apps that work on rooted Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4

I just very recently got a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 and have since rooted it. I love the phone, but have not been able to find a wireless tether app that'll allow me to use my unlimited data plan without a somewhat complicated setup. I'm not new to rooting as I have done it numerous times way back when I used to use the G1. I've run into a similar problem before on my now former Droid Bionic, which I'm keeping as a backup, when running certain custom ROMs. I'm currently using FoxFi, but I would like to find something that doesn't have a 500 meg limit so I don't have to reconnect so often. I know there's paid version of the app, but I would prefer a free option that's just as easy to use and works as well. Thanks in advance.

Shaftamle
Old
Thanks Meter 2048

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by will4958 View Post
I just very recently got a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 and have since rooted it. I love the phone, but have not been able to find a wireless tether app that'll allow me to use my unlimited data plan without a somewhat complicated setup. I'm not new to rooting as I have done it numerous times way back when I used to use the G1. I've run into a similar problem before on my now former Droid Bionic, which I'm keeping as a backup, when running certain custom ROMs. I'm currently using FoxFi, but I would like to find something that doesn't have a 500 meg limit so I don't have to reconnect so often. I know there's paid version of the app, but I would prefer a free option that's just as easy to use and works as well. Thanks in advance.
Almost all Roms have a built in teather hack so you can use the one that comes with the phone under settings->mobile data. Also, check the development forum. There nay be a flashable mod if your on mdk. If not, check out this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2512981

[MOD] 4.3 Tether Unlock MJ7 & MK2

Sent from a Shaftamle Galaxy S4
"Thanks Button" is always appreciated!
http://mycolorscreen.com/Shaftamle/
Current Line Up
Samsung Galaxy S4- Verizon
ROM: SlimKat 4.4.2

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0- Wi-Fi
ROM: Pac- Man ROM

Check Out My Themed Google Keyboards!!