Tip us?

YoungSkeezy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 57

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Unfortunately, com.keyguard has stopped [black screen]

I can't do anything once it boots.

Factory reset lets me get through the setup process, but no home screen or anything..

reboot leads to "Unfortunately, com.keyguard has stopped" and keeps popping up. literally stuck.

Rooted 4.4 out of the blue this morning bootlooped when I turned my phone on this morning.

No xposed, ART enabled.

Again, factory reset from stock recovery gets me nowhere. Is there a way I can completely wipe whatever is causing this? Still no FXZ for 4.4 right?

Droid Maxx
Information Systems Technician Second Class (IT2)
United States Navy
Comptia A+/Net+/Sec+/Ser+/Proj+/Linux+
Microsoft MCP/MCTS/MCITP
DoL Internetworking Tech/Novell Programmer

*PENDING* CASP/CISSP/CISM

Hitting that "THANKS" Button never hurts

hawkswind1
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Others have fixed issues by putting the 4.4 update zip on their sd card and running it again, repairing system files and keeping user data. Possible?

BladeRunner
Old
Thanks Meter 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungSkeezy View Post

Factory reset lets me get through the setup process, but no home screen or anything..

reboot leads to "Unfortunately, com.keyguard has stopped" and keeps popping up. literally stuck.

Rooted 4.4 out of the blue this morning bootlooped when I turned my phone on this morning.

No xposed, ART enabled.

Again, factory reset from stock recovery gets me nowhere. Is there a way I can completely wipe whatever is causing this? Still no FXZ for 4.4 right?

Droid Maxx
Here is the fxz: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...erizon-US_.zip

Extract the files, put your phone in fastboot mode, run the flashall.bat

bigv5150
Old
(Last edited by bigv5150; 5th January 2014 at 06:20 AM.)
Thanks Meter 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungSkeezy View Post

No xposed, ART enabled.

Droid Maxx

Factory data reset doesn't reload the OS as far as I know I have ran a FDR and not lost root. It deletes all user data like apps downloaded and pictures etc. So it won't fix an OS error only an FXZ does that. It basically strips all the stuff you downloaded to factory settings but doesn't reinstall the OS.

Did you have SS inistalled and not make a backup or did you not have SS installed. If you can get to SS you could load a backup if you had one.

YoungSkeezy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 57

DONATE TO ME
Yeah ended up using that. Just happy to have a working device again despite no root anymore lol

Thanks a ton guys

Sent from my XT1080 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Information Systems Technician Second Class (IT2)
United States Navy
Comptia A+/Net+/Sec+/Ser+/Proj+/Linux+
Microsoft MCP/MCTS/MCITP
DoL Internetworking Tech/Novell Programmer

*PENDING* CASP/CISSP/CISM

Hitting that "THANKS" Button never hurts
The Following User Says Thank You to YoungSkeezy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]