Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,888 Members 53,716 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] S4 3G issue

Tip us?

harmeet45
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] S4 3G issue

Hey guys,

Wasn't sure where to post this, so I just put it here.

I was gifted a fake Galaxy S4 (a 1:1 copy) for Christmas. I was overseas so I could not test whether the SIM card worked. Upon return to Hong Kong where I live, I put my SIM card (my provider is 3 HK) , originally from my (real) Samsung S3 LTE into the fake S4. I managed to get a signal, and I was able to call someone, but my 3G internet does not work. I have tried toggling the GSM and WCDMA settings, and setting different APNs, but to no avail. Anyone know why this could be happening?

I also experienced a similar thing like this when I put the same sim card into an iPhone 4, where I could only call, but not use the internet. Something is telling me it may be that because I use LTE 4G on my SGS3, and because the fake phone does not support 4G it does not work.

I hope someone has had similar issues and is able to find a workaround. My fake S4 is rooted with CWM recovery and has a MTK MT 6589 processor.

Thanks
harmeet45

Joku1981
Old
Thanks Meter 546

DONATE TO ME
You dont need post it more times. With one is enough. XDA dont support fake clone phones

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CLICK "THANKS" BUTTON IF I HELPED YA