XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] sony xperia z1 faulty display

Tip us?

yadnit
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Info 2 [Q] sony xperia z1 faulty display

Hey guys i purchased a sony xperia z1 about few months back and m sure my device has a faulty screen with a dead cell on it.... Sometimes it show many vertical black lines extending the whole screen... I have seen videos of teardown xperia z1 on youtube and realy worried by seeing how they open up the fone... Guys please advise me weather i should get it done from sony within warranty or i should let it be as it is as i don't want any further problems with my fone if sony center could not fix my fone like a new brand device.. M worried that my fone will lose it waterproof seal or Won't look like a new fone or loss of functionality in any manner.
Please suggest me guys asap wht should i do...??

limiter121
Old
Thanks Meter 8

DONATE TO ME
You should take it to a Sony service center and have it checked, just to be sure. If the display is faulty then they should replace it under warranty.

As for the waterproofing, the service center should do a vacuum test (as it is stated here) to see if the phone is sealed properly after the repair (if they do decide to repair and not replace it).

TagEHeuer
Old
(Last edited by TagEHeuer; 1st January 2014 at 01:28 AM.)
Thanks Meter 66

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by yadnit View Post
Hey guys i purchased a sony xperia z1 about few months back and m sure my device has a faulty screen with a dead cell on it.... Sometimes it show many vertical black lines extending the whole screen... I have seen videos of teardown xperia z1 on youtube and realy worried by seeing how they open up the fone... Guys please advise me weather i should get it done from sony within warranty or i should let it be as it is as i don't want any further problems with my fone if sony center could not fix my fone like a new brand device.. M worried that my fone will lose it waterproof seal or Won't look like a new fone or loss of functionality in any manner.
Please suggest me guys asap wht should i do...??
You'd have better luck asking here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-z1/help

This is the section for accessories for the Xperia Z1. I will notify a moderator to move it for you, so others can answer your question who may not go in to this part of the forum. (thread is in Accessories at the moment)

Happy new year!

I actively donate to people who are helpful towards others and myself. Be it a small amount or a large amount. I will try my best to thank you with a donation.

yadnit
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by limiter121 View Post
You should take it to a Sony service center and have it checked, just to be sure. If the display is faulty then they should replace it under warranty.

As for the waterproofing, the service center should do a vacuum test (as it is stated here) to see if the phone is sealed properly after the repair (if they do decide to repair and not replace it).
thank you for replying and sharing this information on my topic.....
As u suggested, i submited my fone to service center and sony guy told me my fone vl get replacement of whole device itself not any component of/on it with a new device...but the problem came into realization after i read these forum:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ighlight=worst
http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia...at/td-p/406131

the same thing has happend with me...sony has jus taken device from me and not any accessories or box....does that means m gonna get a refurbished/repaired device...?? m i geting a already compromised device that sony has tried n fixed...??
they told il be getting a new fone....but by reading all these m really worried of recieving a repaired fone in the name of replacement...
m so sure they vl deep factory reset n give me so i cudnot make out hw old the fone ws and how long the fone was used or totall call time of the fone..bloody i paid 41k for a new brand fone n god knows wht il be getting...
reply guys...feels like i got myself into trouble...

limiter121
Old
Thanks Meter 8

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by yadnit View Post
thank you for replying and sharing this information on my topic.....
As u suggested, i submited my fone to service center and sony guy told me my fone vl get replacement of whole device itself not any component of/on it with a new device...but the problem came into realization after i read these forum:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ighlight=worst
http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia...at/td-p/406131

the same thing has happend with me...sony has jus taken device from me and not any accessories or box....does that means m gonna get a refurbished/repaired device...?? m i geting a already compromised device that sony has tried n fixed...??
they told il be getting a new fone....but by reading all these m really worried of recieving a repaired fone in the name of replacement...
m so sure they vl deep factory reset n give me so i cudnot make out hw old the fone ws and how long the fone was used or totall call time of the fone..bloody i paid 41k for a new brand fone n god knows wht il be getting...
reply guys...feels like i got myself into trouble...
If they said that you'll get a replacement phone and not a repaired / refurbished one, then that is what *should* happen.

I found this post here in which they replaced just the phone without the accessories, so it might be true that they do replacements like that.

Hope you get a new and problem-free one

bogdan wst
Old
Thanks Meter 29
yadnit: my phone was replaced because of a faulty display, with a brand new one by the carrier i've bought it from. They did exactly what you said. They took just the faulty device, without any of the accesories that came with it in the box. They took my original Z1 box too. When the replacement arrived, it came in my original box, without being any kind of sealing. The phone had those protection plastic foils on it and when i started it, it was on .534 fw although my faulty unit was updated to .257 fw.
Another very important thing to pay attention to, is the new phone's IMEI. Mine has now a differen IMEI and even more it is unbranded and not simlocked (the faulty unit was branded and sim-locked also).
Hope this helps you!

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Z1