Brightness & color on stock vs CM11

OP Mrchuang

5th January 2014, 10:57 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 11

13 posts
Just wondering if it is only my device or others too. On my device, I have noticed that any stock rom or rom based on the 4.2.2 stock (for example Maladus rom) has a higher maximum brightness and more accurate color in comparison to any CM11 rom or rom based off the AOSP (including AOKP).

I have flashed multiple roms and all the roms based upon AOSP have the same effect; a warmer, less accurate color and a less maximum brightness whereas the stock rom or roms based upon the stock seem to be much brighter at say 80 or 90% brightness. In my case it feels as if the contrast or gamma has been bumped to a much higher value. Has anyone else ran into this issue?
Last edited by Mrchuang; 5th January 2014 at 11:05 AM.
5th January 2014, 02:03 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 82

376 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrchuang

Just wondering if it is only my device or others too. On my device, I have noticed that any stock rom or rom based on the 4.2.2 stock (for example Maladus rom) has a higher maximum brightness and more accurate color in comparison to any CM11 rom or rom based off the AOSP (including AOKP).

I have flashed multiple roms and all the roms based upon AOSP have the same effect; a warmer, less accurate color and a less maximum brightness whereas the stock rom or roms based upon the stock seem to be much brighter at say 80 or 90% brightness. In my case it feels as if the contrast or gamma has been bumped to a much higher value. Has anyone else ran into this issue?

Don't know about brightness, but color accuracy seems to be the same on both AOSP and stock.
It is somewhat warm but not too much, it really annoyed me at the beginning but I learned to live with it, it is not that bad
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread