5,601,062 Members 45,699 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Att incoming pics unable to download

Tip us?
 
carhigh
Old
#1  
carhigh's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 59
Posts: 1,703
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ct
Default Att incoming pics unable to download

This keeps happening to me lately on my mega over the last 2 weeks. Pic is sent to me but wont download. i click download and it says failed to download. I have to reboot and it works just fine again

Updated last month with kies and rereooted.

I never messed with any settings at all. Any ideas?
 
caguas56
Old
#2  
caguas56's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 47
Posts: 423
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by carhigh View Post
This keeps happening to me lately on my mega over the last 2 weeks. Pic is sent to me but wont download. i click download and it says failed to download. I have to reboot and it works just fine again

Updated last month with kies and rereooted.

I never messed with any settings at all. Any ideas?
what message application you are using?
 
carhigh
Old
#3  
carhigh's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 59
Posts: 1,703
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ct
Default messaging app. Happened a few times since posting op. Just today forced to reboot again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
caguas56
Old
#4  
caguas56's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 47
Posts: 423
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by carhigh View Post
Default messaging app. Happened a few times since posting op. Just today forced to reboot again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Go to your Messaging App settings and make sure you got this settings check in

In Multimedia message(MMS) settings
GROUP MESSAGING
AUTO RETRIEVE
CREATION MODE TO FREE
MMS ALERT

In Push message CHECK IN

In Cell broadcast (CB) Settings
CB ACTIVATION CHECK IN
CHANNEL CONFIGURATION TO ALL CHANNELS

SEE IF THAT WORKS FOR YOU.

I have the same problem and after doing the changes it worked and now I can send/received/download MMS Messages.

ALSO CHECK YOUR MAIN CONNECTION SETTINGS UNDER "MOBILE NETWORKS" "Access Point Names" "Straight Talk" THE "APN TYPE" SHOULD READ "default,supl,mms" I THINK THIS ONE IS IMPORTANT TO GET TO DOWNLOAD.

Try it and let me know...

Good Luck!!!!
 
carhigh
Old
#5  
carhigh's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 59
Posts: 1,703
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ct
I'm on ATT. Couple of those weren't checked. Can't change those last settings. All set up in ATT APN anlready

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
caguas56
Old
#6  
caguas56's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 47
Posts: 423
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by carhigh View Post
I'm on ATT. Couple of those weren't checked. Can't change those last settings. All set up in ATT APN anlready

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Then you should be ok. If not then you need to go to a AT&T store to get it fixed.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

TasGear: A Tasker Extension for the Samsung Galaxy Gear

With wearable technology taking center stage this year, one can only expect more … more

Intelligently Place Contacts on Your Home Screen with CallWho Widget

There are plenty of ways to get your contacts to show up on your … more

Control TWRP from within Android with TWRP Coordinator

You may recall that back when TWRP2 introduced a couple of years ago, it brought with … more