5,595,964 Members 31,404 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How can free more memory g pad 500v

Tip us?
 
mightmagic
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Dec 2010
Default [Q] How can free more memory g pad 500v

Hello ,i have g pad v500 ..I want ask about ram. Factory give this tablet 2mb ram. When i go settings i see free memory about 950mb ram..How can free some memory? Sorry for my english is not good..

thanks
 
ASW1
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 28
Posts: 180
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Staatsliedenbuurt
I don't understand your question.
Using ram is good, because it's used, and free ram is doing nothing.
If you go to the task manager settings you can set "auto clear Ram" to every hour.
Manually closing apps clears ram too.
But the whole point of having 2 Gb of ram is hat you can have more apps running at the same time.
 
Ste_Vege
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Legnano
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASW1 View Post
I don't understand your question.
Using ram is good, because it's used, and free ram is doing nothing.
I think he's wondering why despite having 2gb of RAM, even if you have just turned on your tablet you find just 950 mb of free ram instead of 1,5 / 2 Gb.
I'm surprised too seeing a huge ram necessity just for the os..
 
katsika
Old
#4  
katsika's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 48
Posts: 193
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Athens
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightmagic View Post
Hello ,i have g pad v500 ..I want ask about ram. Factory give this tablet 2mb ram. When i go settings i see free memory about 950mb ram..How can free some memory? Sorry for my english is not good..

thanks
This is caused mainly by the useless bloatware that manufacturers have preinstalled. Use an app like titanium backup or greenify to freeze/hibernate the apps that you dont need or install a custom rom which comes debloated to free up your device's ram.
The Following User Says Thank You to katsika For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
brewer15650
Old
#5  
brewer15650's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 34
Join Date: Dec 2012
I was always told Unused Ram is Wasted Ram
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brewer15650 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
lKBZl
Old
#6  
lKBZl's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 121
Posts: 683
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Barcelona
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewer15650 View Post
I was always told Unused Ram is Wasted Ram
+1
Veni Vidi Vici
 
katsika
Old
#7  
katsika's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 48
Posts: 193
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Athens
My samsung galaxy tab 2 had almost full ram when i bought it because of the ridiculous touchwiz and so many useless programs that i never had intended to use. As a result when i was trying to play a game the tablet was lagging as hell. I searched a bit and found about rooting and installing custom roms, i installed then cyanogen mod and i had like 250mb occupied out of 900mb. Needless to say that the tablet was like 100 times faster than its stock firmware. So the moto unused ram is wasted ram isnt quite true because you might need that extra memory (for example if you play heavy games like modern combat 4 or gta). If you dont have enough free memory the system will try to disable other applications and android isnt known for its task management capabilities in contrary to ios which is supposed to handle applications and memory better(i dont have a personal experience about this though as i dont own an apple device). Lg g pad has a lot of memory and i ve never reached its memory to its full limit even on stock fw.
 
Ste_Vege
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Legnano
Quote:
Originally Posted by katsika View Post
My samsung galaxy tab 2 had almost full ram when i bought it because of the ridiculous touchwiz and so many useless programs that i never had intended to use. As a result when i was trying to play a game the tablet was lagging as hell. I searched a bit and found about rooting and installing custom roms, i installed then cyanogen mod and i had like 250mb occupied out of 900mb. Needless to say that the tablet was like 100 times faster than its stock firmware. So the moto unused ram is wasted ram isnt quite true because you might need that extra memory (for example if you play heavy games like modern combat 4 or gta). If you dont have enough free memory the system will try to disable other applications and android isnt known for its task management capabilities in contrary to ios which is supposed to handle applications and memory better(i dont have a personal experience about this though as i dont own an apple device). Lg g pad has a lot of memory and i ve never reached its memory to its full limit even on stock fw.
+1
The Following User Says Thank You to Ste_Vege For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Lucien2
Old
#9  
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 50
Join Date: Dec 2013
Disable other application. You'll want to slip a microSD card into a slot on the side that's covered by a little door. The G Pad supports cards up to 64GB.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes