XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is there a way to turn on htc one without the power button

Tip us?

harry801
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Is there a way to turn on htc one without the power button

My power button is broken is there a way to turn it on . i read an saw some videos on the web that it was possible with some phones using a JIG is that also possible on htc one or other methods to force boot. Please help

bygrave
Old
Thanks Meter 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry801 View Post
My power button is broken is there a way to turn it on . i read an saw some videos on the web that it was possible with some phones using a JIG is that also possible on htc one or other methods to force boot. Please help
poke something in the hole to turn it on..then install viperx and in tweaks use volume key to wake it
ITS NICE TO BE NICE,,SO IF IV HELPED YOU IN ANYWAY AT ALL GIVE THE THANKS BUTTON A TOUCH
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ............

The Following User Says Thank You to bygrave For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

harry801
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
[QUOTE=hellothere74;49123162]poke something in the hole to turn it on..then install viperx and in tweaks use volume key to wake it[/QU

Sorry for the stupid question do you mean a usb cable and then download viperx to my pc if yes do you have a download link for me. Thx so much for your help

harry801
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellothere74 View Post
poke something in the hole to turn it on..then install viperx and in tweaks use volume key to wake it
can you please be more specific about this because my powerbutton is really broken and cant poke something in it i allready open the backpanel and push the little (dot) button and still no power. Is there no other programs to force start it. like using JIGS for s 2

harry801
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellothere74 View Post
can you please be more specific about this because my powerbutton is really broken and cant poke something in it i allready open the backpanel and push the little (dot) button and still no power. Is there no other programs to force start it. like using JIGS for s 2

apptum
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Try holding one of the volume buttons while pressing power. A friend of mine had the same problem and we found this workaround accidentally.
No idea why it worked.

harry801
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by apptum View Post
Try holding one of the volume buttons while pressing power. A friend of mine had the same problem and we found this workaround accidentally.
No idea why it worked.
Thx for the tip but allready did that ant dont work. I also allready open the back cover for better pressing. is there maybe something that i can do with my pc that can force start it ? i saw something in youtube for the galaxy s2 they was using a JIG and a another way was using a flash software. Is there something like that for the htc one. please im desprate