Android 4.1.2 Animated Weather Wallpaper and lockscreen
Animated Weather for Android
For Rooted Android Phones
I take no credit for the development of this app, it was developed by Samsung (I just added a couple of tweaks). I also take no responsibility for any damages caused by this app to your device.
That said, it’s an awesome animated weather wallpaper. Kind of reminds me of the old HTC HD2 animated weather. You can apply it to the lockscreen as well.
1. For MIUI roms install AccuweatherDaemon.apk first. Allow autostart and activate trusted app. Should this not work. Copy the AccuweatherDaemon.apk to the root directory System/app file using Root Explorer or any other root file manager. Tap and hold AccuweatherDaemon.apk then select Permissions; set the permissions the same as your other apps in the same directory.
2. Now install WeatherWall.apk file. If the installation does not work, copy the WeatherWall.apk to the root directory System/app file using Root Explorer or any other root file manager and set the permissions the same as your other apps in the same directory.
Now restart your phone
3. After the restart is complete, tap the menu button. Go to Set Wallpaper followed by Live Wallpaper.
4. Tap on Windy weather, select settings and then tap on Auto Refresh. Select None. (This will insure your wallpaper updates every time you activate your internet.
5. Now go back and tap on Set Wallpaper.
Initially I made this for my Galaxy S3 running MIUI ICS Rom.
I then installed it on my Galaxy Note 2 and Tablet 2 running on a rooted stock 4.1.2 rom and it works without any issues.
Android updates released as OTA packages are very easy to apply,but they … more
26 Aug 2014
By Tomek Kondrat
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?