XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Chrome Crummy Performance

Tip us?

Kairoku
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Chrome Crummy Performance

Has anyone else had issues with chrome on their g pad(original non google play). I find that if I open to many tabs (4+ ish ) things really start to get sluggish with scrolling, rendering and switching tabs. If I close some tabs things are great again. It cant be a limitation of the hardware cause I don't have these problems on my old gs2 and certainly not with my gs4, which has the same snapdragon 600 (but 200mhz faster). At times even with just one tab it will randomly hang for a bit or will hang when I click a link. Is this just after effect of the customization shiz lg put on here or does chrome just have a problem with this device in general? Or maybe its just me?

colwellkr
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairoku View Post
Has anyone else had issues with chrome on their g pad(original non google play). I find that if I open to many tabs (4+ ish ) things really start to get sluggish with scrolling, rendering and switching tabs. If I close some tabs things are great again. It cant be a limitation of the hardware cause I don't have these problems on my old gs2 and certainly not with my gs4, which has the same snapdragon 600 (but 200mhz faster). At times even with just one tab it will randomly hang for a bit or will hang when I click a link. Is this just after effect of the customization shiz lg put on here or does chrome just have a problem with this device in general? Or maybe its just me?
Right now I have the non GPE g pad running android 4.4 (CM11) so this might not be exactly what you're looking for. But when I open up 5 tabs switching and scrolling still works fine. It could be a side effect of LG bloatware, it could be something else. If you don't want to take the custom ROM road you could try using dolphin, which is another good browser for android. If you are rooted you could also try removing some LG bloatware with App Master or another root uninstaller. Good luck!

katsika
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairoku View Post
I have the gpad with chrome and firefox installed and none of them becomes laggy even if i open a lot of tabs. It certainly isnt normal for a tablet with a quad-core processor to become laggy when using browsers.
Have you tried other browsers to see if you still have the same problem when you open multiple tabs?

Kairoku
Old
(Last edited by Kairoku; 28th December 2013 at 09:31 PM.) Reason: spelling derp, put "a" instead of "and"
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by katsika View Post
I have the gpad with chrome and firefox installed and none of them becomes laggy even if i open a lot of tabs. It certainly isnt normal for a tablet with a quad-core processor to become laggy when using browsers.
Have you tried other browsers to see if you still have the same problem when you open multiple tabs?
I've tried opera because its my preferred browser(yeah I know me and 3 other people) and it just crashes after like 20-30 seconds

I'll go try Firefox and dolphin.

Lucien2
Old
Thanks Meter 3
The LG G Pad 8.3 comes with two internet browsers pre-installed, but Google Chrome is the most prominent, getting a lock screen shortcut and place in the home screen dock as default.