Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Plug [Q] USB Detected but Phone Not Charging

Hi Guys,

ROM Details : CM 10.1 (JB 4.2.2)
Kernel : stock CM 10.1 Kernel
Warranty status : Out Of Warranty

Problem: I accidentally dropped my phone today. First it didn't start. However, I could make it work by reinserting the battery. But now, the phone does not charge when turned on. It's charging in LPM i.e. when powered off and connected to the charger. When connected to the PC via the USB cable, the phone is getting detected in the PC and I can browse the files as usual but it is not getting charged. Can you guys help me?

The charging port or the charging PCB has possibly gone kaput I suspect. In which case, SSC would be the only solution, I guess. Can someone with the prior experience be kind enough to tell, how much would it cost in India approximately and how long does it take for the repairs normally. Also should I prefer the local repair shops or the official SSC?

Thanks and Regards.
The Following User Says Thank You to Android_Sheriff For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Nikhil
Old
Thanks Meter 773
Cost of charging slot was 600-650 INR in local shop and 1100 INR in SSC when I inquired.
You should get it repaired from local shop. There is a simple belt which is required to be just replaced. It takes 5 mins if hardware is present in shop.

BTW nice and proper way to express problem. impressive.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nikhil For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kumuda92
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I already experience this problem.Service Center take 320 rupees and replace the charging slot.

Sent from my GT-I9103 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to kumuda92 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pankajramnani
Old
Thanks Meter 20
from where can i get the USB flex cable replaced in Delhi? I went to the service center, but they are asking 1200 for it. i dont want to spend that much for a 2 year old phone! can anyone suggest a cheaper alternative?

I am not able to charge it while it is turned on. i have to switch it off and then charge it.

Also, it keeps on switching to driving mode automatically every now and then.

Sent from my GT-I9103 using Tapatalk