Next7P12-8G Root Screen Shots
Originally Posted by potzken
AML8726-MX Dual core chipset
Android OS 4.1.1
I need help on rooting my nextbook 7... i have zero knowledge on rooting tablets and i also want to know how to undo the rooting if i brick my tab...This is my first time posting here.. thank you in advance
Well, this is my first post here as well. I uploaded some screenshots of the recovery screen, after downloading a (supposed ROM) to my external SD card from freaktab...(I can't include the link cuz I'm a noob)...just google this tablet model number and you'll find the thread with the ROM attachments.
Needless to say, the root didn't work, and I was wondering what I did wrong as well...
Nextbook 7 Premium SE (so says the generic insert that came in the box), but the model number is Next7P12-8G.
Yeah, I watched the noob video, and scoured all the threads. This device isn't even listed. Anywhere.
Don't know if these pics will help anyone, but as far as I can tell, getting to this screen is at least a start, as finding just how to put this device into recovery mode was chore in itself; to do that you must power it down, and once the device is completely powered off, hold down the power and volume control/down button (-) simultaneously until you see the update screen (in direct contradiction to what the instruction manual says- there is no "reset button" to be accessed through a pin hole)...then immediately release.
Well, good luck. If anyone can figure out how to root this thing, please let me know! Thanks!
Originally Posted by shaunmt View Post
It's pretty simple:
1. Download the modified recovery .zip file.
2. Unzip the recovery file.
3. Put the "uImage_recovery" file from the recovery .zip on your external SD Card.
4. Download the root .zip file. (Do NOT Unzip)
5. place the root .zip file on your external SD Card.
6. Turn off tablet, put SD Card in (if not already in)
7. Hold Volume and Power. (Tablet will boot into the modified recovery it finds on the SD card)
8. Choose install from EXT. (Volume keys to navigate list, Power button to select.)
9. Choose the root .zip file.
10. Wait for finish.
12. Download your choice of Supersu or Superuser from the Play Store.
Note: There is NO need to flash the ROM if you just want ROOT. The ROM is only needed by people who have screwed up their firmware.
Works great. Thanks to Shaunmt at freaktab.com