Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Has anyone recently ordered a new HTC One? Worried about what sw version

OP reggietothemax

4th January 2014, 07:12 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I'm thinking about ordering a a phone, but after reading that the bootloader unlock method only works on 4.2, I'm worried that it will ship already updated. Has anyone ordered one recently that could tell me what SW version it came with? Thanks for the help

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk
4th January 2014, 08:14 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer
Henniker
Thanks Meter: 4,234

3,565 posts
More
I just got one new shipped with firmware dot 8. That was last Friday.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
4th January 2014, 09:11 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 288

977 posts
More
I just got mine about a week ago and it was .8
4th January 2014, 06:27 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 8

28 posts
More
Got mine a week ago and it came with .10. (The SW version is printed on the outside of the box.)
4th January 2014, 11:32 PM   |  #5  
New York
Thanks Meter: 27

287 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Why

Got mine a week ago and it came with .10. (The SW version is printed on the outside of the box.)

I'll bet Verizon has tens of thousands of HTC Ones on the shelves of thousands of stores and warehouses that came off the assembly line over the space of dozens of months and having various versions of the software.

I do not think that Verizon pays any employees to open all those boxes, charge the phones, update them, and reseal the packaging. So you get whatever comes to hand at some shipping location.
5th January 2014, 02:50 AM   |  #6  
Flag Draper, UT
Thanks Meter: 1

38 posts
More
Got 2 in the last 2 weeks on .8

Sent from my Galaxy S4 on Tapatalk 4
5th January 2014, 02:54 AM   |  #7  
Recognized Developer
Henniker
Thanks Meter: 4,234

3,565 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpradley

I'll bet Verizon has tens of thousands of HTC Ones on the shelves of thousands of stores and warehouses that came off the assembly line over the space of dozens of months and having various versions of the software.

I do not think that Verizon pays any employees to open all those boxes, charge the phones, update them, and reseal the packaging. So you get whatever comes to hand at some shipping location.

The question that was asked was what did people get shipped for software versions. People responded with answers based on recent shipments so the OP can feel hopeful about not getting a phone that can't be unlocked. I'm not really sure what your answer provided other than sounding a bit snarky.
5th January 2014, 05:07 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 24

61 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmuzzy

The question that was asked was what did people get shipped for software versions. People responded with answers based on recent shipments so the OP can feel hopeful about not getting a phone that can't be unlocked. I'm not really sure what your answer provided other than sounding a bit snarky.

Might have sounded snarky but what he said is true. Most of the phones are already made and sitting in a warehouse. Even ones made today more the likely are still being flashed with old firmware and Roms as converting the systems used for said things cost time and money they don't need to spend. Only time to worry about getting a phone that's been updated is if you get a refurb. Other then that it shouldn't be an issue

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to zeropally For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th January 2014, 05:18 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 144

1,432 posts
More
It will depend when on the manufactured date. If it was recently shipped to the store, say a month ago, most likely you will have a previous software version. But even those that sent theirs in for repairs, some of them came back with 4.3, others didn't. If you are getting it brand new unopened from a store or from Verizon, there is a sticker on the box. The software version is on there. For example the guy I got mine from is pretty much brand new, the box says 1.610.10 but the guy must have wiped it and updated it to 4.3 before he shipped it out.
Before swiping your card look at the software version on the sticker of the box. If it starts with 2.10 then you don't want that one.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread