Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,327 Members 44,537 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] screen black

Tip us?

humphster
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] screen black

This morning I dropped my note 3 about 12 inches to the floor. For while it worked ok but then went black. Nothing seems to cause the screen to work. I am unable to do a manual factory reset (down vol + power + menu). When I try powering up, buttons light up (but who knows what's happening) I just had an alert so the the thing is not brain dead.

I have no warranty so I m hoping for a fix that I can do myself.

Thanking you in advance.

Armazia
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by humphster View Post
This morning I dropped my note 3 about 12 inches to the floor. For while it worked ok but then went black. Nothing seems to cause the screen to work. I am unable to do a manual factory reset (down vol + power + menu). When I try powering up, buttons light up (but who knows what's happening) I just had an alert so the the thing is not brain dead.

I have no warranty so I m hoping for a fix that I can do myself.

Thanking you in advance.
Seems like your screen is dead. Will be an expensive repair. Whats the point btw of this thread? I didn't see a question lol.

humphster
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armazia View Post
Seems like your screen is dead. Will be an expensive repair. Whats the point btw of this thread? I didn't see a question lol.
But You did figure it out -- seriously, thanks for your input.

11Sammy1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by humphster View Post
But You did figure it out -- seriously, thanks for your input.
What You need mate is a Galaxy note LIVE DEMO UNIT . Make sore it is does mach with your product number (like Yours is SM-N9005 then the demo will be SM-N9005X )

You can find them on gumtree or ebay or so.
Then change the motherboard and the antenna over and You done. You could chang ethe screen only if You prefer that.

Once You done You still can sell the broken live demo unit on ebay auction as that can be still use for many parts taken out ( cameara, speakers etc... )

Hope I helped...

Sammy

humphster
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Sammy1 View Post
What You need mate is a Galaxy note LIVE DEMO UNIT . Make sore it is does mach with your product number (like Yours is SM-N9005 then the demo will be SM-N9005X )

You can find them on gumtree or ebay or so.
Then change the motherboard and the antenna over and You done. You could chang ethe screen only if You prefer that.

Once You done You still can sell the broken live demo unit on ebay auction as that can be still use for many parts taken out ( cameara, speakers etc... )

Hope I helped...

Sammy
I think I will just have to pay the price but thanks for your input. I am just a simple user. LOL