XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Looking for legit Motorola EB40 Battery

Tip us?

mikered30
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Looking for legit Motorola EB40 Battery

I have a Motorola Droid Razr Maxx that is 1.5 years old and the battery life is noticeably weaker and I wanted to replace the battery. I looked around for an EB40 battery, found one on Amazon, sold by cellphonerepairshop.com, but it appears to be a knockoff, but you canít tell by looking at it. Usage of this new battery is about 1/4 worse than my OEM 1.5 year old battery. So I went on a quest to find a legit OEM Motorola battery, but the issue arises that I canít tell knockoffs from legit.

etradesupply.com has it for $61 plus shipping. I was wondering if anyone had any idea if that site is legit or if you can recommend another site for the battery. I saw the razr to max conversion DIY on here and the OP used etradesupply. I avoided ebay like the plague, but I thought Amazon would be fine. The description of the etradesupply site said the condition of the battery was new or refurbished, obviously I donít want a refurbished one. I assume the EB40 is the highest capacity the Motorola Droid Razr Maxx can handle without any modifications, it is rated at 3200mAh.

Thanks for the help.

control187
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Amazon allegedly has one that is official and has better than 4 star rating. I think its from feel phone repairs. Slightly less expensive than what is quoted above.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to control187 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Outbreak444
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
I just installed a battery from cell phone repair shop and it is significantly greater than my previous battery (razr to razr maxx). My guess is that people aren't calibrating their batteries. I'm running my battery down to just above 20%, then charging to 100% without unplugging, and repeating the process about 4 times to get the battery calibrated. Do not do what others say about discharging completely then charging completely as this will do more harm than good.

mikered30
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outbreak444 View Post
I just installed a battery from cell phone repair shop and it is significantly greater than my previous battery (razr to razr maxx). My guess is that people aren't calibrating their batteries. I'm running my battery down to just above 20%, then charging to 100% without unplugging, and repeating the process about 4 times to get the battery calibrated. Do not do what others say about discharging completely then charging completely as this will do more harm than good.

Thanks, I will try that. If this battery is actually authentic, could the poor life be attributed to sitting on a shelf for a while before use?