5,595,964 Members 31,418 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Poetic Slimline Case and the Nexus Wireless Charger

Tip us?

bluejay2345
Old
(Last edited by bluejay2345; 21st December 2013 at 04:59 AM.) Reason: Additional Info
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Info 2 Poetic Slimline Case and the Nexus Wireless Charger

PSA: For some reason the Nexus Wireless charger and the Poetic Slimline Case don't play well together. I have another wireless charger, the Oregon Scientific QI charger, and the Nexus 7 charges without problem with the Slimline case on, but it will not charge on the Nexus Wireless Charger with the case on. The case seems pretty decent, particularly for the price, except for this minor issue. The Nexus Wireless Charger works when I remove the case and it works with my Nexus 5 as well.

These are the links for the specific models I am referring to:

Poetic Slimline Case
http://www.amazon.com/Poetic-Slimlin.../dp/B00E5NOXM4

Nexus Wireless Charger
https://play.google.com/store/device..._charger&hl=en

Oregon Scientifc Wireless Charging Station
http://www.oregonscientific.com/us/e...tation-QW201-P

Multicores
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Hmm... I guess I should have done the research before ordering the Nexus wireless charger (which is already here). I have the Poetic Slimline on the way right now.
Nexus 4 (Mako) 16GB - Stock, Xposed Framwork
Nexus 7 (Flo) 16GB - AOSP Kang

MobileBritain
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Are you absolutely certain it doesn't work? With the official Asus case fitted the Nexus charger works but it is a little fiddly to get it into the right position as the magnets are too weak to help locate the sweet spot.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

bluejay2345
Old
(Last edited by bluejay2345; 4th January 2014 at 07:17 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileBritain View Post
Are you absolutely certain it doesn't work? With the official Asus case fitted the Nexus charger works but it is a little fiddly to get it into the right position as the magnets are too weak to help locate the sweet spot.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
I am fairly certain that at least with my charger it does not work. I played around with it for a while. When I took the case off I was able to charge the tablet every time with little trouble with placement. I bought the charger just after release. Maybe they will fix the problem with a revision or something. I have to imagine that if the Poetic Slimline has a problem other cases will as well. Or maybe it was just my charger having an issue.

As I mentioned before, the tablet charges with the case on when I use my Oregon Scientific QI charger.

tysj
Old
Thanks Meter 278
Surpisingly, the Moko Ultra Slim (pretty much the same) case works just fine with my Nexus Orb charger. I've seen a few videos of the new Nexus charger and it almost seems like its range is a bit worse than the Orb from last year.
Google Nexus 5
Google Nexus 7

cobyman7035
Old
Thanks Meter 123
130 bucks? thats how much i paid for my nexus fhd lol

8gb NeXus⁴ 4.4 kitkat fully stock
16gb NeXus 7 FHD w/ TWRP 2.6.3.1 signed-razor-KRT16S-from-JSS15Q 4.4.2 KK w/ ElementalX v2.6 kernel @1.736 ghz UV800 using ART mode
32gb NeXus 5 white rooted/unlocked TWRP v2.6.4.3 touch , 4.4.2 KOT49H kk stock, franco kernel r32 w/ ART UVing 1.5ghz max cpu vomer
samsung galaxy gear black watch w/ Null v23 rom
Tags
nexus wireless charger poetic slimline