[Q] Bad Battery?

5th January 2014, 03:39 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ohio
Thanks Meter: 36

105 posts
More
Hey everybody. My battery has been acting up lately. I attached a screenshot showing what's happening. It was at 72% and it died. I turned it back on and it was at like 3% then slowly went back up to 23% or so. It's been draining quickly lately. However, when it hits 0, I'll plug it in and it'll turn on. The battery display when the system isn't loaded or whatever pops up. And it's usually at like 40%. Then I unplug it and turn it on and it'll show 40%. So I'm not sure if it's the battery or calibration or something. I've tried multiple ROMs and kernels, so I know it can't be that. I've also tried an Xposed script that is supposed to prevent the phone from shutting down when it hits 0% but it didn't work. Not sure what I can do other than buy a new battery. I can't get much larger of a size because I need to keep the same case for my Otterbox. Any advice on how I can (maybe) fix this is appreciated. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-11-19-19-57-30.png
Views:	11925
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	2494951  
5th January 2014, 05:57 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1,469

2,804 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android Attack

Hey everybody. My battery has been acting up lately. I attached a screenshot showing what's happening. It was at 72% and it died. I turned it back on and it was at like 3% then slowly went back up to 23% or so. It's been draining quickly lately. However, when it hits 0, I'll plug it in and it'll turn on. The battery display when the system isn't loaded or whatever pops up. And it's usually at like 40%. Then I unplug it and turn it on and it'll show 40%. So I'm not sure if it's the battery or calibration or something. I've tried multiple ROMs and kernels, so I know it can't be that. I've also tried an Xposed script that is supposed to prevent the phone from shutting down when it hits 0% but it didn't work. Not sure what I can do other than buy a new battery. I can't get much larger of a size because I need to keep the same case for my Otterbox. Any advice on how I can (maybe) fix this is appreciated. Thanks!

Does look like a bad battery. My advice: either take it to sprint to get it replaced (the battery), or go on amazon and order a new one. They have slim zero lemons that are the same size as stock battery's, but a little larger but no NFC. Comes with 2 for 25$.

-Whiplashh

Sent from a Premium Xda app using the Flo Nexus 7.
5th January 2014, 06:04 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ohio

105 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiplashh

Does look like a bad battery. My advice: either take it to sprint to get it replaced (the battery), or go on amazon and order a new one. They have slim zero lemons that are the same size as stock battery's, but a little larger but no NFC. Comes with 2 for 25$.

-Whiplashh

Thanks for the reply. are these the batteries you were talking about? http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00B0I...110_SY165_QL70

I found another set of batteries that is very similar. They do have nfc. I never use nfc, however, so that's not important. I'm just looking for the battery that can use stock back cover and will provide the best battery life. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00GHD...=sr_1_8&sr=8-8

Thanks!
5th January 2014, 06:09 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1,469

2,804 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android Attack

Thanks for the reply. are these the batteries you were talking about? http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00B0I...110_SY165_QL70

I found another set of batteries that is very similar. They do have nfc. I never use nfc, however, so that's not important. I'm just looking for the battery that can use stock back cover and will provide the best battery life. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00GHD...=sr_1_8&sr=8-8

Thanks!

Yes that is. It looks like either will fit with stock battery cover. Just on the NFC thing, if you want better battery life, I hear not many complaints about zerolemon. But get what YOU like. The ankers have more features (NFC), and if you don't like them, just make sure you read their return policy's!

-Whiplashh

5th January 2014, 06:16 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ohio

105 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiplashh

Yes that is. It looks like either will fit with stock battery cover. Just on the NFC thing, if you want better battery life, I hear not many complaints about zerolemon. But get what YOU like. The ankers have more features (NFC), and if you don't like them, just make sure you read their return policy's!

-Whiplashh

Alright, thanks man. Looks like ZeroLemon does have pretty quality products. I think I might go with that. Anybody else have any advice? Anker vs ZeroLemon? Thanks!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread