Post Reply

[Q] hope I didn't ruin my s3...

OP drumrjoe

5th January 2014, 05:05 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
25 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
ok, well.. I should probably just stick to drumming, eh?

I used saferoot method to root my s3 with 4.3 update..

I just figured out that i did successfully root the phone, but did not unlock the bootloader.

I figured this out when I tried to make a backup of my phone and got the yellow triangle at startup

So far in Odin the VRALEC.bootchain.tar.md5 fails..

however the kernal.tar passes, but the phone doesn't load anything past the black and white verizon samsung galaxy III page...

I guess I am looking for help on how to get back to stock and where to find the right stock rom??

I do have this file "KIES_HOME_I535VRBMF1_1152558_REV09_user_low_ship. tar.md5" but don't want to try flashing it for fear of bricking..

any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

thanks in advance.
5th January 2014, 05:18 PM   |  #2  
SlimSnoopOS's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,982
 
5,522 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drumrjoe

ok, well.. I should probably just stick to drumming, eh?

I used saferoot method to root my s3 with 4.3 update..

I just figured out that i did successfully root the phone, but did not unlock the bootloader.

I figured this out when I tried to make a backup of my phone and got the yellow triangle at startup

So far in Odin the VRALEC.bootchain.tar.md5 fails..

however the kernal.tar passes, but the phone doesn't load anything past the black and white verizon samsung galaxy III page...

I guess I am looking for help on how to get back to stock and where to find the right stock rom??

I do have this file "KIES_HOME_I535VRBMF1_1152558_REV09_user_low_ship. tar.md5" but don't want to try flashing it for fear of bricking..

any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

thanks in advance.

You are stuck on TW 4.3 since you took the OTA. You can only root and you can not Odin flash anything except the bloated 4.3 VRUCML1 tar. You can not downgrade your firmware in any capacity. There is absolutely no flashing any custom roms/kernels/mods/recoveries.

If you can turn the phone on, boot into download mode and Odin flash the 4.3 image via Odin. If the phone does not turn on at all, then perform this hard brick method.
5th January 2014, 06:21 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
25 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimSnoopOS

You are stuck on TW 4.3 since you took the OTA. You can only root and you can not Odin flash anything except the bloated 4.3 VRUCML1 tar. You can not downgrade your firmware in any capacity. There is absolutely no flashing any custom roms/kernels/mods/recoveries.

If you can turn the phone on, boot into download mode and Odin flash the 4.3 image via Odin. If the phone does not turn on at all, then perform this hard brick method.

Thank you!!!! Thank you!!! Thank You!!!! Just got done with the instructions and I have just rebooted...

The Following User Says Thank You to drumrjoe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th January 2014, 06:27 PM   |  #4  
SlimSnoopOS's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,982
 
5,522 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drumrjoe

Thank you!!!! Thank you!!! Thank You!!!! Just got done with the instructions and I have just rebooted...

Glad that has helped you If you need any info on the 4.3 OTA whether it's rooting or any warnings about what not to do then keep this 4.3 general discussion thread bookmarked:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2575661

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Verizon Galaxy S III Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank