Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,594 Members 38,725 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] stuck at boot :(

Tip us?

s.t.25
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] stuck at boot :(

can someone please help me, its an emergency. i have stock 4.3 with unlocked bootloader.
i wanted to root it so i used flashtool to flash boot.img like it says here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2573921

but when i flashed it i flashed it with the wrong seting, i chose select kernel to flash by accident then used that to flash the boot.img also i didnt put the superSU zip on my sd card before hand.

i then re flashed the boot.img with the "select system to flash" option and it installed the recovery fine.

so now i can boot into recovery but the phone will not come on as normal. i am just stuck at the sony screen.

i then went to try an re flash original stock ftf, but that is not being recognised by flashtool for some reason.

please help me
thank you

TagEHeuer
Old
Thanks Meter 67

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.t.25 View Post
can someone please help me, its an emergency. i have stock 4.3 with unlocked bootloader.
i wanted to root it so i used flashtool to flash boot.img like it says here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2573921

but when i flashed it i flashed it with the wrong seting, i chose select kernel to flash by accident then used that to flash the boot.img also i didnt put the superSU zip on my sd card before hand.

i then re flashed the boot.img with the "select system to flash" option and it installed the recovery fine.

so now i can boot into recovery but the phone will not come on as normal. i am just stuck at the sony screen.

i then went to try an re flash original stock ftf, but that is not being recognised by flashtool for some reason.

please help me
thank you
Can you not wipe the phone in recovery and reset it?

I actively donate to people who are helpful towards others and myself. Be it a small amount or a large amount. I will try my best to thank you with a donation.

s.t.25
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TagEHeuer View Post
Can you not wipe the phone in recovery and reset it?
ive tried to do that but it just stays stuck on the sony screen afterwards

TagEHeuer
Old
Thanks Meter 67

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
ive tried to do that but it just stays stuck on the sony screen afterwards
Power down the device for at least 10 minutes.

Get back in to recovery and tick "wipe cache partition" option and select it.

Go to the recovery main menu and reboot the device “reboot system now” option.

Try this..

I actively donate to people who are helpful towards others and myself. Be it a small amount or a large amount. I will try my best to thank you with a donation.

s.t.25
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I did that too. I also wiped dalvik and tried to reboot the phone. It was just staying on the sony logo. How long does the sony logo stay there after s boot like that? Also I dont understand why flashtool is not recognising the stock ftf files?

TagEHeuer
Old
(Last edited by TagEHeuer; 5th January 2014 at 05:01 PM.)
Thanks Meter 67

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I did that too. I also wiped dalvik and tried to reboot the phone. It was just staying on the sony logo. How long does the sony logo stay there after s boot like that? Also I dont understand why flashtool is not recognising the stock ftf files?
Hmm, not sure. Does the computer recognise it when you plugged it in? I'm looking in to some guides for you.

Read here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2229250

Sound like you have a bootstall.

The Following User Says Thank You to TagEHeuer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

s.t.25
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
thankyou for your help, ive managed to fix it. the ftf file i was trying to flash was for some reason incomplete, so i re downloaded it and it has now been recognised by flashtool. i am now installing purestock minimal and doomkernal and stuff. thank you for your help. i really needed it