Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,073 Members 45,202 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unable to connect to mobile network!

Tip us?

raazankeet
Old
(Last edited by raazankeet; 5th January 2014 at 06:37 PM.) Reason: Formatting!
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Lightbulb Unable to connect to mobile network!

Hi Guys,

I have flashed my Galaxy Note 2 via Odin to older firmware 4.1.1 (baseband DDALI9) by mistake ( ).
I was originally on 4.1.2 (baseband N7100XXDMG1). I have backup of my original firmware made by CWM Recovery as well as "efs.img".

I read some where that "efs.img" would be needed so I took the backup the day I first rooted my device.

Now the issue is after I flashed to older firmware, I have lost my IMEI number and hence unable to connect to cellular network.

Things I tried and the outcomes are as follows:

Steps I Took - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Effect

1. Old firmare (DDALI9) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Generic IMEI and Baseband (DDALI9)
2. Original Firmare restored (DMG1) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - IMEI (Null/Null) and Baseband unknown
3. Copied efs.img via terimal (tried on both firmware)
(dd if=/sdcard/efs.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 bs=4096) - - - - - - - - - Generic IMEI/Null
4. Used EFS Professional software - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - No help

Whenever I read nv.log I see " nv data not found and default was restored blah blah....."

Please guide me what to do. I love my phone

Thanks in advance!!!

smasher220
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hi, try to restore the latest firmware, then root it, then restore efs from buckup, that should work. It is a known issue that cause null imei if flashing a previous kernel.

babar86
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Yes I have read that this rom can restore the efs folder! great