5th January 2014, 02:31 AM   |  #21  
OP Junior Member
Flag Kalispell
Thanks Meter: 1

19 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa

No. You don't want to use a modified hboot. Also, in TWRP recovery you can use the mount usb storage feature so your internal storage shows up on your PC and you can backup that way.

Sent from my Evita

Nice. Thanks!
5th January 2014, 08:10 PM   |  #22  
OP Junior Member
Flag Kalispell
Thanks Meter: 1

19 posts
More
Well, I got superCID, and i got s-off through another method and i installed the ruu in fast boot, then flashed twrp back and installed supersu. Everything is now shiny and new, and all my SD content is still present, which I assume is what you meant by not losing anything - and that's cool, but i must have misunderstood because I was hoping all the setup after the fact would be in tact too... installed apps, prefs, etc... didnt care about texts or call history, but i guess I should have assumed that meant all of this. so now I am going to try restoring from titanium backup and hope I don't have to spent hours re setting up. Anyhow im just chugging away, made lots of progress thanks to your advice and I think I have it from here. thanks again for all the help and guidance pointing me in the right direction! ;-D
5th January 2014, 08:45 PM   |  #23  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 7,582

15,579 posts
Donate to Me
More
Cool, no problems.

Sent from my Evita
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
manual update, manual upgrade, update, upgrade