Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,174 Members 51,615 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Manual update, need help

Tip us?

Spy_64
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa View Post
No. You don't want to use a modified hboot. Also, in TWRP recovery you can use the mount usb storage feature so your internal storage shows up on your PC and you can backup that way.

Sent from my Evita
Nice. Thanks!

Spy_64
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Well, I got superCID, and i got s-off through another method and i installed the ruu in fast boot, then flashed twrp back and installed supersu. Everything is now shiny and new, and all my SD content is still present, which I assume is what you meant by not losing anything - and that's cool, but i must have misunderstood because I was hoping all the setup after the fact would be in tact too... installed apps, prefs, etc... didnt care about texts or call history, but i guess I should have assumed that meant all of this. so now I am going to try restoring from titanium backup and hope I don't have to spent hours re setting up. Anyhow im just chugging away, made lots of progress thanks to your advice and I think I have it from here. thanks again for all the help and guidance pointing me in the right direction! ;-D

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5747

DONATE TO ME
Cool, no problems.

Sent from my Evita
OnePlus One | CM11S | TWRP 2.7.1.1

Do not PM me asking for assistance, that's what my Q&A thread is for!
Tags
manual update, manual upgrade, update, upgrade