Need some software help PLEASE!!!

OP abpilgrim

4th January 2014, 09:34 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Athens, GA
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
More
I will start by saying I've never done any updating, rooting, unlocking, etc on any Android device. I used to do some with Blackberry but I've just stayed stock with my Android devices.

I'm currently using the HTC Droid DNA and I chatted online today with an HTC support person regarding my issues. I bought my phone from an individual last year and apparently he must have unlocked the bootloader. I'm running Android Version 4.1.1 and my software # is 1.15.605.4 701RD. Apparently I've missed the last 2 updates and I don't have the option from my phone to manually check for updates. Based on my chat today with HTC there's nowhere online they will allow me to download the updates. They mentioned taking it to a Verizon store but I don't want to do that. I would really like to be able to get the newest software version. Can anyone help me get the newest updates?
5th January 2014, 04:23 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

30 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abpilgrim

I will start by saying I've never done any updating, rooting, unlocking, etc on any Android device. I used to do some with Blackberry but I've just stayed stock with my Android devices.

I'm currently using the HTC Droid DNA and I chatted online today with an HTC support person regarding my issues. I bought my phone from an individual last year and apparently he must have unlocked the bootloader. I'm running Android Version 4.1.1 and my software # is 1.15.605.4 701RD. Apparently I've missed the last 2 updates and I don't have the option from my phone to manually check for updates. Based on my chat today with HTC there's nowhere online they will allow me to download the updates. They mentioned taking it to a Verizon store but I don't want to do that. I would really like to be able to get the newest software version. Can anyone help me get the newest updates?

If it's rooted, install flash image gui from play store, install twrp recovery and then flash santod040's stock rom, to bring your phone to the latest stuff
Last edited by supragrom; 5th January 2014 at 04:32 PM.
5th January 2014, 07:49 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 98

876 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by supragrom

If it's rooted, install flash image gui from play store, install twrp recovery and then flash santod040's stock rom, to bring your phone to the latest stuff

Now first thing first. Try a factory reset.. backup your data first. If that doesn't fix the issue comment and Ill tell you what to do next.
Last edited by orangekid; 5th January 2014 at 08:12 PM.
5th January 2014, 08:13 PM   |  #4  
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 3,107

10,264 posts
More
Are you trying to be on the latest firmware as it comes from HTC (Stock), or the latest firmware modified with custom options and tweaks as in a custom ROM?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread