[ROM][n7100][UNOFFICIAL][KTU84Q][4.4.4][2014-10-23] AOKP Kitkat Nightlies

Search This thread

TheBo

Obviously i always format every partition except intSd and extSd... All formatted Cache, dalvik, system, and all

and that is way i said "installed from scratch"

Inviato dal mio GT-N7100 utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited:

Elvecio

Nov 6, 2012
Potenza
Obviously i always format every partition except intSd and extSd... All formatted Cache, dalvik, system, and all

It's strange, but i encountered this issue with other ROMs :/ yesterday i've tried to install Resurrection Remix, i wiped ALL the internal storage to be sure, installed ROM, installed gapps, wipe cache, fix permission and....nothing. Maybe is the recovery?

TheBo

It's strange, but i encountered this issue with other ROMs :/ yesterday i've tried to install Resurrection Remix, i wiped ALL the internal storage to be sure, installed ROM, installed gapps, wipe cache, fix permission and....nothing. Maybe is the recovery?

Yes as i said 2 post ago.... It was a recovery issue... I said it because a user said He had issues with old twrp... And i stated just that i had issues even with the latest one ;)

porcino

Feb 18, 2011
Hmm... I also use the same latest TWRP and also had this booting forever problem. I just assumed that I forgot to factory reset the system before booting due to late hours... So, back to recovery, factory reset, and everything worked.

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

Good news - Bluetooth works in my car (R.S.250 Cup), both music and phone. No stability problems as with PAC ROM. So far, at least...

alexander4all

Jun 26, 2008
Kehl
It looks like the SMS-app issue happens on unrelated AOKP-roms aswell so it seems to be an issue with the AOKP sources itself... I'd have to check later if I can find a fix for it.

As to the SMS-backup issue I can't tell you much, I myself use MyBackup Pro but I haven't migrated my text messages from 4.3 to 4.4.

And I can't comment on the gapps since they are unrelated to this image and I have no control over them, you might try other gapps like the ones by dhacker29

kitkatcamusa

Apr 28, 2009
It looks like the SMS-app issue happens on unrelated AOKP-roms aswell so it seems to be an issue with the AOKP sources itself... I'd have to check later if I can find a fix for it.

As to the SMS-backup issue I can't tell you much, I myself use MyBackup Pro but I haven't migrated my text messages from 4.3 to 4.4.

And I can't comment on the gapps since they are unrelated to this image and I have no control over them, you might try other gapps like the ones by dhacker29

Sms backup is a app problem(doesn't work with kitkat), try last beta (became a beta tester first)

Reactions: porcino

porcino

Feb 18, 2011
OK, I'll try a different app for migration. SMS Backup only crashes on the external SD card. On the emulated card #0 it shows the progress bar, but the messages do not show up... I'll report the progress.

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

Another minor thing...

Is there a solution for making DSP Manager work?

It's not picked up from Apollo, although the button exists. When started separately, it doesn't make any difference to the sound. For Nexus 4 both DSP Manager and Apollo are flashed as a zip, as they need some additional libraries...

porcino

Feb 18, 2011
Went driving with VideoReg... It hanged once when attempting to calibrate focus while driving. It was camera not responding fault. It's not too bad, but the problem is present.

alexander4all

Jun 26, 2008
Kehl
I'll upload an update in about 30 minutes where I fixed the SMS-issue, so that should be out of the way now.
But regarding DSP Manager, I tried to get it working for a while but it looks like it does not like the AOKP-framework very much, maybe I'll get something done in future.

porcino

Feb 18, 2011
Just managed to migrate my old SMS from Android 4.3.1 PAC ROM to this one! After many experiments SMS Backup and Restore worked, while many other apps, including SMS Backup Plus beta, did not.

Had to roll back to AR ROM, used SMS Backup for SMS migration to AR, then used SMS Backup and Restore for migration to this ROM. A two stage process... Well done me!

Thanks everyone for advice! :beer:

Last edited:

porcino

Feb 18, 2011
Another bug, this time Google's fault.

When composing SMS, Enter key is only available upon pressing Shift; otherwise there is a smiley selection key. It should be the other way round, because people use paragraphs more frequently than smileys.

Is it possible to keep the standard layout in SMS, where smileys are called by long-pressing Enter?

victorator

Nov 25, 2008
Kraków
Hello there,

I've been building AOKP Kitkat-Images for a while and thought I might share them with you.

Thanks for taking the time to share your builds. Unfortunately I am way too busy to maintain builds on xda, I'm glad someone with a passion for building roms took over the AOKP business. Good luck!

:good:

alexander4all

Jun 26, 2008
Kehl
Another bug, this time Google's fault.

When composing SMS, Enter key is only available upon pressing Shift; otherwise there is a smiley selection key. It should be the other way round, because people use paragraphs more frequently than smileys.

Is it possible to keep the standard layout in SMS, where smileys are called by long-pressing Enter?

Well that might be because I switched the SMS-app to the AOSP one for the time being until that double-SMS bug gets fixed then I'll switch back to the AOKP version, I don't know if it was different there though since I never really write SMS.

porcino

Feb 18, 2011
No, it was the same in the first release. In JB and earlier versions there is a setting in Messenger to have Enter instead of smileys. This option is gone now...

They also removed a half of special symbols from the popup menu when you long-press the full stop button. I'm missing the UK pound symbol. The equality, greater than, less than and a vertical bar symbols were never included, which is also silly. It makes it difficult to work with shell commands.

Yes, I agree regarding SMS. It, however, starts making sense when travelling on roaming. Besides, most non-engineers and old people for some reason prefer it. ...essentially all my family...

alexander4all

Jun 26, 2008
Kehl
No, it was the same in the first release. In JB and earlier versions there is a setting in Messenger to have Enter instead of smileys. This option is gone now...

They also removed a half of special symbols from the popup menu when you long-press the full stop button. I'm missing the UK pound symbol. The equality, greater than, less than and a vertical bar symbols were never included, which is also silly. It makes it difficult to work with shell commands.

Yes, I agree regarding SMS. It, however, starts making sense when travelling on roaming. Besides, most non-engineers and old people for some reason prefer it. ...essentially all my family...

That feature was present in AOKP 4.3 also but it might take a while for all these features to get ported to 4.4. You can follow the development in the AOKP Code Review.

porcino

Feb 18, 2011
A new version uploaded? Good!

Just found that an important feature is missing - CM blacklist with wildcards. Is it in the future plans?

Elvecio

Nov 6, 2012
Potenza
Strange issue: i noticed that sometimes the proximity sensor is on (a quite red light) when it should be off (for example: browsing the homescreen). Restarting the phone usually solves the problem.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello there,

I've been building AOKP Kitkat-Images for a while and thought I might share them with you.

As always flash the ROM first, then gapps and don't forget to do a factory reset.
    No Guarantees but for me it works like a charm, see screenshots below.

Built using official AOKP sources

For recent changes visit: http://gerrit.aokp.co/#/q/status:merged,n,z

Download

Google Apps
    Hey,

first let me say thanks for your interest and yeah, I've tried nearly all of them but on AOKP I haven't noticed the issue with the camera so far and I've been using it for about a week now.
    On a previous build the UI crashed after a while but that hasn't happened after the build on the 1st anymore, interactions are very fluent and there is no noticable lag. As to how bluetooth in a car works I can't say much, for music I myself use an Anker bluetooth 4.0 headset and that works fine. Hope that info helped.
    With an app like Root Explorer you could edit
    Code:
    /system/build.prop
    and change
    Code:
    ro.sf.lcd_density=210
    to 320 again
    Hello there,

Thanks for taking the time to share your builds. Unfortunately I am way too busy to maintain builds on xda, I'm glad someone with a passion for building roms took over the AOKP business. Good luck!

:good:
    Hi mate,
    why?
    there are no great updates in AOKP at moment. Only one nightly from 08/02 but all what is important is Rom included
    many regards

sent with my phone/sorry for my bad english

It's been a busy week at work and I had to replace my harddisk but they made some further changes to the Camera today and some minor changes, I'll compile an update later.