Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,778 Members 38,384 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wifi Speed on HD+

Tip us?

andtron
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Default Wifi Speed on HD+

I am currently running cm10.1.3.2 on my nook color and the max I could get is 5.6 mbps, my isp speed is capped at 25 mbps.

I am thinking of getting a used HD+ locally and I would like to know the wifi performance on this model.

I used speedtest.net to measure the speed.

TIA.

P.S. My son's Nexus 7 could hit 22 mpbs.

wellersl
Old
Thanks Meter 18
I saw 25Mbps in Tucson over the holidays visiting family. Here at home I'm lucky to get 4Mbps. SIL wants to get a new fruit phone because, "It's 4G!" I told him if I had his bandwidth, I'd throw mine away!

Is that with a naked NC? Are you holding it?

All rather meaningless and usually considered pointless since RF is so fickle.
American.
Veteran.
Patriot.
The Following User Says Thank You to wellersl For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rhyang
Old
Thanks Meter 87
My HD+ is running CM 10.2 on emmc and the speedtest.net app reports typically above 35M on my home network (my desktop/wired connection maxes out around 57M). I think the HD+ actually does a bit better in that department than my 2012 Nexus 7. It's no slouch on the wifi.
The Following User Says Thank You to rhyang For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

andtron
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellersl View Post
I saw 25Mbps in Tucson over the holidays visiting family. Here at home I'm lucky to get 4Mbps. SIL wants to get a new fruit phone because, "It's 4G!" I told him if I had his bandwidth, I'd throw mine away!

Is that with a naked NC? Are you holding it?

All rather meaningless and usually considered pointless since RF is so fickle.
Not sure what did you mean by "naked", and yes, I am holding it when I browse the web and it is slow.

FirePsych
Old
Thanks Meter 107
Getting about 18-20 Mbps down right now.
My phone is getting almost twice as fast right next to it.
CM11 and cases on both.

Sent from my Nook HD+ using Tapatalk 4
The Following User Says Thank You to FirePsych For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wellersl
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by andtron View Post
Not sure what did you mean by "naked", and yes, I am holding it when I browse the web and it is slow.
Naked being without a case or sleeve.

Try setting it down on a counter or table before invoking the test.Your body is mostly water, and water is notorious for interfering with RF. As are microwaves, fluorescent lights, clouds, sunspots, electric motors, ... And in my case, a metal roof. Which is why I'm lucky to get 4Mbps

Seriously though. RF is fickle.
American.
Veteran.
Patriot.
The Following User Says Thank You to wellersl For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]