Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,310 Members 45,342 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

4.3 ota

Tip us?

phatreno
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default 4.3 ota

For those of you who took the 4.3 ota what is your opinion of the updated ,and did you come from a custom rom.I was thinking of talking official 4.3 just curious to here feedback on it ,I know once I do it bootloader is locked for good .I am on Liquid smooth love it but I miss the Samsung features and having a glitch free phone I know ill get back on the verizon ota, been running custom rom since first week of owning phone think im ready to go back stock as long as official 4.3 is good

kieso
Old
Thanks Meter 90
=phatreno;49148087]For those of you who took the 4.3 ota what is your opinion of the updated ,and did you come from a custom rom.I was thinking of talking official 4.3 just curious to here feedback on it ,I know once I do it bootloader is locked for good .I am on Liquid smooth love it but I miss the Samsung features and having a glitch free phone I know ill get back on the verizon ota, been running custom rom since first week of owning phone think im ready to go back stock as long as official 4.3 is good[/QUOTE]

Why take the OTA when you can just flash the stock Rom? I personally like it but I've always liked TW roms

phatreno
Old
(Last edited by phatreno; 5th January 2014 at 05:42 PM.) Reason: rephrase
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kieso View Post
=phatreno;49148087]For those of you who took the 4.3 ota what is your opinion of the updated ,and did you come from a custom rom.I was thinking of talking official 4.3 just curious to here feedback on it ,I know once I do it bootloader is locked for good .I am on Liquid smooth love it but I miss the Samsung features and having a glitch free phone I know ill get back on the verizon ota, been running custom rom since first week of owning phone think im ready to go back stock as long as official 4.3 is good
Why take the OTA when you can just flash the stock Rom? I personally like it but I've always liked TW roms[/QUOTE

I know that there' one out there you can flash and maintain a unlocked bootloader but reading the thread sounds like there's a lot of issues with it I use my phone for work so need something 100% eliable Liquid is almost there but still have to do battery pulls get f/c's ,I did have another phone so it didn't matter now this is my only phone

let me rephrase that didn't mean take the ota but flash the official 4.3 which would lock boot loader to take the ota I would have to revert to stock then take the ota easier just flashing 4.3

buhohitr
Old
Thanks Meter 1486
After a long time flashing custom rom and kernel on my wife S3 and always hear complaints about issue, I decided to flash stock 4.3. Now she's happy with her phone, everything is working smoothly and the phone is pretty fast and snappy, battery life is the best. I have to say, 4.3 is a great improvement over 4.1.2. My recommendation is if you like to play around with flashing custom rom and ok with all the bugs hear and there then it would be fine, but if you want a daily driver, stable phone then stock 4.3 is the way to go. While she's on custom rom, many times when we at a party and when she tried to take picture the camera FC, or displayed weird color, the gps acting up, phone lockup needed to pull the battery to reset etc...Again, if you want a stable, good battery life, go with stock 4.3 and with just root.(I need root to install wifi tethering). Now she has a perfect phone and no more complaints.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to buhohitr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

phatreno
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by buhohitr View Post
After a long time flashing custom rom and kernel on my wife S3 and always hear complaints about issue, I decided to flash stock 4.3. Now she's happy with her phone, everything is working smoothly and the phone is pretty fast and snappy, battery life is the best. I have to say, 4.3 is a great improvement over 4.1.2. My recommendation is if you like to play around with flashing custom rom and ok with all the bugs hear and there then it would be fine, but if you want a daily driver, stable phone then stock 4.3 is the way to go. While she's on custom rom, many times when we at a party and when she tried to take picture the camera FC, or displayed weird color, the gps acting up, phone lockup needed to pull the battery to reset etc...Again, if you want a stable, good battery life, go with stock 4.3 and with just root.(I need root to install wifi tethering). Now she has a perfect phone and no more complaints.
that sounds like what I needed to here,did you flash 4.3 or revert to stock and take the ota not sure if there's a difference I already downloaded the stock 4.3

bobAbooE
Old
Thanks Meter 307
I've had zero issues on the 4.3 rom.

Make a backup and give it a run.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to bobAbooE For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

buhohitr
Old
Thanks Meter 1486
Quote:
Originally Posted by phatreno View Post
that sounds like what I needed to here,did you flash 4.3 or revert to stock and take the ota not sure if there's a difference I already downloaded the stock 4.3
It's depended on what apps you installed on your phone, most of them should be fine with 4.3. When ever I upgrade to a new version, I like a clean install. Do a factory reset (this will wipe all your installed apps and reset your phone back to factory condition, make sure you have a backup of your apps), then let the upgrade run. Once done use saferoot to root.

goldsmitht
Old
Thanks Meter 142
Default from crack flasher to stock

i've been a crack flasher since my DX days, having flashed just a couple days after getting my S3. I've been on Hyperdrive, Synergy, AOKP, OSE, stock and various versions of CM to include the best, Mastamoons unofficial.

had to get a replacement phone, and as i was setting it up, the damn thing updated to 4.3 itself.

now... i still get that crackflashing urge, but i will admit, i like having the phone stock. i can make it look like its on any of the other roms, just with minor alterations.

antenna's on the latest is the best i've ever seen, everything works great, and don't see the lag on 4.3 TW as on others.

guess i can live with this for a while, and i do have faith in the DEV community that someone will break the latest, just as in previous versions. But for now, i can live with stock as everything works great!

phatreno
Old
(Last edited by phatreno; 5th January 2014 at 09:24 PM.) Reason: misread
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by buhohitr View Post
It's depended on what apps you installed on your phone, most of them should be fine with 4.3. When ever I upgrade to a new version, I like a clean install. Do a factory reset (this will wipe all your installed apps and reset your phone back to factory condition, make sure you have a backup of your apps), then let the upgrade run. Once done use saferoot to root.
ok thanks

Naddict
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 13619
Please go here for any further...http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2575661
Every time you don't use search, a kitten, bunny, baby turtle, and fuzzy Harp Seal are killed.

Read the Rules! -- Search Before You Post! -- Learn about XDA -- Need A Moderators Help? -- Get the Most out of XDA! -- Curious about GPL?

The Following User Says Thank You to Naddict For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe