XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

phone wont boot

Tip us?

pcrack05
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question phone wont boot

im trying to get cm11 on my phone and im coming from 4.2.2. flashed both rom and gapps and its still a no go...?...thanks in advance.

Perseus71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2316

DONATE TO ME
Please boot to recovery and do a factory Reset. If that too didn't help, please wipe data partition.

DJ_SpaRky
Old
Thanks Meter 89
Are you trying to dirty flash CM11 over CM10.1? or over TW 4.2.2?

pcrack05
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I did all that...i wiped EVERYTHING...I keep getting some type of error whenever I try to fkash a 4.4 rom...and I also noticed my phone keeps turning off but if I dont sign into google it wont just turn off...VERY WEIRD and annoying...i did all the wipes...flashed the right files everything...just cant figure this out for the life of me...i even used both cwm and twrp and both were tbe newest versions...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda app-developers app

DJ_SpaRky
Old
Thanks Meter 89
What bootloader? You might need to update it before moving on.

pcrack05
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Maybe i just explained it wrong...i mean i can't get 4.4 to even flash...keep getting some type of build.prop error file not being found then there is a couple other Rom that won't even boot (meaning 4.3) also...I've noticed that my phone will just turn off on its own when starting random apps and if i don't sign into my gmail account then it won't turn off as fast or often. I have tried all different downloads with both newest cwm and trwp...and some of the Rom errors say (bad) and also even tried downloading from other sites and multiple times...I'll try to flash another 4.4 Rom and tell you the exect error i get...ill be back in a couple mins...thanks in advance...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda app-qdevelopers app

Zaphodspeaks
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcrack05 View Post
Maybe i just explained it wrong...i mean i can't get 4.4 to even flash...keep getting some type of build.prop error file not being found then there is a couple other Rom that won't even boot (meaning 4.3) also...I've noticed that my phone will just turn off on its own when starting random apps and if i don't sign into my gmail account then it won't turn off as fast or often. I have tried all different downloads with both newest cwm and trwp...and some of the Rom errors say (bad) and also even tried downloading from other sites and multiple times...I'll try to flash another 4.4 Rom and tell you the exect error i get...ill be back in a couple mins...thanks in advance...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda app-qdevelopers app
It sounds to me like your either using a rom that wasnt made for your device.. Running a T999l on a T999v rom or a T999 for example..
that or you need to upgrade your firmware/modem/bootloader.. Not all roms will work on the same bootloader..

If you flashed the wrong bootloader you will HARD BRICK your phone..
and once you flash the new bootloader you CAN NOT flash back to the old..

Please be VERY specific..

What is,

Your Phone Model:?
Your Cellular provider:?
Your Bootloader:?
Your Modem:?
Your recovery:?

If you skipped any steps while installing a Rom, it will either not work, Soft or Hard BRICK your device, or cause insatiability..
====================================
Device: Asus TF101 (Currently rocking Katkiss 4.4.2)
Device: Nexus 7 2012 16gig.. (Broken)
Device: Nexus 7 2013 Flo 32gig, (Currently Rocking PACMAN ROM 4.4.2)
Device: Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE T999L T-Mobile (S3Rx 3.0 T-Mobile) The best ROM i've ever used!
====================================

Perseus71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2316

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphodspeaks View Post
It sounds to me like your either using a rom that wasnt made for your device.. Running a T999l on a T999v rom or a T999 for example..
that or you need to upgrade your firmware/modem/bootloader.. Not all roms will work on the same bootloader..

If you flashed the wrong bootloader you will HARD BRICK your phone..
and once you flash the new bootloader you CAN NOT flash back to the old..

Please be VERY specific..

What is,

Your Phone Model:?
Your Cellular provider:?
Your Bootloader:?
Your Modem:?
Your recovery:?

If you skipped any steps while installing a Rom, it will either not work, Soft or Hard BRICK your device, or cause insatiability..
+1 to all that. Without that information, it is very difficult to tell what the issue is and what the resolution could be.

What I'd like to add is that, if there are Assert Errors while flashing, then you are flashing Rom not meant for your phone. It won't boot even if you flash fine.

Now if you had Code 7 Errors with Kitkat Roms then you need to update your recovery.

pcrack05
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Whenever I try to flash a 4.4 rom I get this error message... failed: getprop (ro.bootloader) what's that mean... and when I try to wipe the dalvic cache it says... E:unknown volume for path [C/sd-ext] ... but then says after that... dalvic cache wiped.... ?...I don't get it, PLEASE HELP... thanks in advance... "

pcrack05
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I have had some code 7 errorsand I didn't mean my phone want boot up like what you guys are saying I ment it will get stuck on the samsung logo and that on most. Not all 4.3 roms...I also tried the newest trwp and cwm...to no advail. But I do I see what bootloader I have. Maybe I'm just thinking of the wrong definition for the word bootloader. Thanks guys I feel like I'm getting close oh and if this helps ill post the errors in getting.