[Q] I would like to i545 MK2 and use CM11 4.4

Tip us?

CRELLIOTT0302
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] I would like to i545 MK2 and use CM11 4.4

Hello,

this is my first post, so go easy on me...LOL.

I am trying to root my VZW i545 that has VRUEMK2 4.3 on it now. I have rooted with mj7tool but then can't put a custom recovery on it. I have read on here that that is not possible right now until Hashcode does something with SS? My goal is to be able to run CM11 Kitkat 4.4 or the like on my phone. I am completely new to rooting and such, but managed to get my wifes i605 rooted and flashed within 30mins. So, if anyone/everyone can point me in the right direction, that would be greatly apreciated. Again, I am running VRUEMK2 4.3 on SCH-i545 and want to root/recovery/flash/use kitkat 4.4 from CM11 or Gummy or whoever. Any and all advice/links/programs would be awesome. Thank you.

Caleb

warchyld77
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Not possible as of yet because the bootloader is locked so there is no way to get passed that plus safe strap which is the only known work around only works for 4.2 roms and lower. Sorry brother this is the plight of s4 owners.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

CRELLIOTT0302
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by warchyld77 View Post
Not possible as of yet because the bootloader is locked so there is no way to get passed that plus safe strap which is the only known work around only works for 4.2 roms and lower. Sorry brother this is the plight of s4 owners.

hmmm....may have to take this out for target practice and go back to the note 2! That thing was super easy to crack.

CRELLIOTT0302
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by warchyld77 View Post

hmmm....may have to take this out for target practice and go back to the note 2! That thing was super easy to crack.

Are there any links/threads that may point me in the right direction? I can fly planes, forecast tornadoes (wx-pilot.com), and build websites, so it shouldn't be to hard to figure out, and who knows....maybe I can contribute something?

mshawn3
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default MJ7 to MK2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRELLIOTT0302 View Post
Hello,

this is my first post, so go easy on me...LOL.

I am trying to root my VZW i545 that has VRUEMK2 4.3 on it now. I have rooted with mj7tool but then can't put a custom recovery on it. I have read on here that that is not possible right now until Hashcode does something with SS? My goal is to be able to run CM11 Kitkat 4.4 or the like on my phone. I am completely new to rooting and such, but managed to get my wifes i605 rooted and flashed within 30mins. So, if anyone/everyone can point me in the right direction, that would be greatly apreciated. Again, I am running VRUEMK2 4.3 on SCH-i545 and want to root/recovery/flash/use kitkat 4.4 from CM11 or Gummy or whoever. Any and all advice/links/programs would be awesome. Thank you.

Caleb
Is it possible to go from a rooted 4.3 MJ7 i545 to a rooted i545 with 4.4 and MK2? This will be the most likely configuration when something finally comes out that will give us S4 i545 users the best chance of getting kit kat?

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRELLIOTT0302 View Post

Are there any links/threads that may point me in the right direction? I can fly planes, forecast tornadoes (wx-pilot.com), and build websites, so it shouldn't be to hard to figure out, and who knows....maybe I can contribute something?
Forums are filled with threads discussing bootloader lockdown....Samsung has locked it down pretty tight since mdk firmware and many devs have been looking at what can be done with no luck so far.
Safestrap as given us an opening to a degree. Take some time and do some reading and research..

safestrap enabled, Hyperdrive driven
S4 powered by hashcode 3.71 safestrap HYPERDRIVE 15 by Sbreen94