Default [Q] Android 2.3.x FLAC support

Hi,
I'm a Galaxy Mini user and now are almost 3 years I am using this phone.
I have flashed and enjoyed so many roms in this forum and I have been very excited about the developement of first CM9, CM10 and now CM11.

I think CM9 is the highest upgrade that our mini can reach having good performances and sufficently new stuff and interface, however, for my needs, cm7.2 is still the most stable and efficient android version, with the best battery life and performances compared to all others.
I don't really feel the need to have a newer Android version and, yes, I'm happy with this low-end phone.

The only thing I really would like to understand and the only reason which keep me looking at CM9 is the native flac support.
I think this is the only lack of gingerbread, if this could be supported, I would definitely go for that.
Now, I know there are 3party player and also that Cm7.2 player plays flawlessy FLAC files, but the problem is not with local files, stored on my SD, but with DLNA support.
The only application i found that can stream FLAC files from my NAS is BubbleUpnp but is really too heavy and cpu-stressing, making phone quite unusable.
UpnPlay was perfect and very lightweight, it was exactly what i needed but under gingerbread is unable to stream FLAC files due to unsupported file type, while on CM9 can.
Mp3 files are streamed perfectly also in cm7.2, obviously, but it is quite impossible and also absurd to have the whole media library on my server both in FLAC and mp3 format when it could be possible just to keep the highest-quality format one.
It's not a matter of quality, I know my phone wouldn't take any kind of benefict in sound quality, good music can be listened only on an axcellent hi-fi system, but of practicality.

So, is there anyone that can tell me if there is a way to implement the native support of this files? Any mod/engine? I would be very important.
I know that some others phones have customs cm7 builds with this kind of feature built-in, so I think should be possible to add the support to versions of android under 3.x, as Gingerbread.

Thanks in advance and I would really appreciate you if can give me some informations.