Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,646 Members 46,024 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is it true that an iPhone 5s is the fastest phone?

Tip us?

The_Beginning
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Is it true that an iPhone 5s is the fastest phone?

I googled fastest phone and found articles saying that an iPhone 5s is the fastest phone? Is this true? If it is, why might this be?

whitedragon551
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Beginning View Post
I googled fastest phone and found articles saying that an iPhone 5s is the fastest phone? Is this true? If it is, why might this be?
The iPhone 5S has a 64 bit processor in it. That could be the only thing I could think of that would make it "the fastest". Do you have a link to the articles you read stating this? I highly doubt it is the fastest. There are many Android devices that have specs at or above what the iPhone 5S has.
Samsung Galaxy S4 32Gb Black
16Gb Class 4 MicroSD
Rooted and waiting for recovery

The_Beginning
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitedragon551 View Post
The iPhone 5S has a 64 bit processor in it. That could be the only thing I could think of that would make it "the fastest". Do you have a link to the articles you read stating this? I highly doubt it is the fastest. There are many Android devices that have specs at or above what the iPhone 5S has.
slashgear.com/iphone-5s-confirmed-fastest-phone-in-independent-ranking-test-19302140
phonearena.com/news/Apple-iPhone-5s-is-the-fastest-smartphone-according-to-benchmark-tests_id48469

whitedragon551
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Beginning View Post
slashgear.com/iphone-5s-confirmed-fastest-phone-in-independent-ranking-test-19302140
phonearena.com/news/Apple-iPhone-5s-is-the-fastest-smartphone-according-to-benchmark-tests_id48469
Both articles pull info from Geekbench. I notice they havent confirmed their findings with any other app and it doesnt include phones like the Note 3. I would take those reviews with a grain of salt.
Samsung Galaxy S4 32Gb Black
16Gb Class 4 MicroSD
Rooted and waiting for recovery

The_Beginning
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitedragon551 View Post
Both articles pull info from Geekbench. I notice they havent confirmed their findings with any other app and it doesnt include phones like the Note 3. I would take those reviews with a grain of salt.
Ok Thanks