Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Is it true that an iPhone 5s is the fastest phone?

OP The_Beginning

5th January 2014, 11:53 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

29 posts
I googled fastest phone and found articles saying that an iPhone 5s is the fastest phone? Is this true? If it is, why might this be?
6th January 2014, 12:40 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 25

323 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Beginning

I googled fastest phone and found articles saying that an iPhone 5s is the fastest phone? Is this true? If it is, why might this be?

The iPhone 5S has a 64 bit processor in it. That could be the only thing I could think of that would make it "the fastest". Do you have a link to the articles you read stating this? I highly doubt it is the fastest. There are many Android devices that have specs at or above what the iPhone 5S has.
6th January 2014, 01:39 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

29 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitedragon551

The iPhone 5S has a 64 bit processor in it. That could be the only thing I could think of that would make it "the fastest". Do you have a link to the articles you read stating this? I highly doubt it is the fastest. There are many Android devices that have specs at or above what the iPhone 5S has.

slashgear.com/iphone-5s-confirmed-fastest-phone-in-independent-ranking-test-19302140
phonearena.com/news/Apple-iPhone-5s-is-the-fastest-smartphone-according-to-benchmark-tests_id48469
6th January 2014, 02:27 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 25

323 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Beginning

slashgear.com/iphone-5s-confirmed-fastest-phone-in-independent-ranking-test-19302140
phonearena.com/news/Apple-iPhone-5s-is-the-fastest-smartphone-according-to-benchmark-tests_id48469

Both articles pull info from Geekbench. I notice they havent confirmed their findings with any other app and it doesnt include phones like the Note 3. I would take those reviews with a grain of salt.
6th January 2014, 02:43 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

29 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitedragon551

Both articles pull info from Geekbench. I notice they havent confirmed their findings with any other app and it doesnt include phones like the Note 3. I would take those reviews with a grain of salt.

Ok Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread