Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,492 Members 39,558 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Note 10.1 (2014) 1.9ghz or 1.3 (or 2.3)???

Tip us?

dan98svt
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Note 10.1 (2014) 1.9ghz or 1.3 (or 2.3)???

Ok, Samsung website doesn't seem to help and their reps definitely don't help!

The new note 10.1 comes with the 8 core 1.9ghz processor. Or so they would like you to think!!!

One site says "Under the hood, the international version of the Note 10.1, the version I reviewed, packs in Samsung's eight-core 1.9GHz Exynos 5 Octa processor and a Mali-T628 GPU. In the US, you'll get Samsung's 1.3GHz quad-core Exynos 5420 processor instead."

Another site says "1.9GHz Samsung Exynos 5420 Quad-Core Processor; Wi-Fi connected only" for the US version.

So, if you get the Note 10.1 in the good old USA, you only get the 1.3ghz quad core cpu. That's a slower chip than the Note 8.

If you get it global, you get the 1.9ghz cpu octa-core (which is actually a quad core), or with the 2.3ghz quad for the LTE.

The LTE runs on GSM, not CMDA, so it will only work with carriers that use GSM sim card. Do we have those in the US?

Samsung website says "Exynos® 1.9GHz Quad Processor + 1.3 GHz Quad Processor" Apparently they are both in there. I'm guessing they shut off the fast processor for us.

Has anyone bought the US new one and tested it? I'm guessing you can't just look at the settings and tell what's running under the hood. Can I get an international one and flash a US firmware into it and keep it running at 1.9ghz?

Had one in the "cart", but I'm going to hold off and see what's what.

Dan

younix258
Old
Thanks Meter 101
I believe the exynos 5 octo is based on having four 1.9ghz a15 cores and four 1.3ghz a9 cores for easier tasks (for power efficiency's sake). Thats one of the possible processors on the note 2014; the other is snapdragon 800 quad core which is 2.3ghz if i remember correctly.
This is all from memory so it might not be perfectly accurate. Hope it helps

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

HG!
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Interested in this post... I always wondered which is which as well.
Will the snapdragon version have 4 or 8? Does anyone know?

Old Devices: Samsung Vibrant/Mytouch 4G Glacier/HTC Radar/Lumia 900

younix258
Old
(Last edited by younix258; 6th January 2014 at 02:29 AM.)
Thanks Meter 101
Quote:
Interested in this post... I always wondered which is which as well.
Will the snapdragon version have 4 or 8? Does anyone know?
Snapdragon 800, which is currently the flagship, has 4 cores. Only Mediatek and Samsung have octocores in the mobile market and samsung's is not even a real octo.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app