Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,150 Members 45,028 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need Help uninstalling safestrap v3.11 please!!

Tip us?

xxperrin
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default [Q] Need Help uninstalling safestrap v3.11 please!!

I am trying to uninstall safestrap 3.11, but when I go to settings/apps, safestrap is not listed. I am not able to open safestrap from the device. How can I uninstall it so the boot screen no longer asks me if I want to enter into recovery mode? Please help!

-xxPerrin

Dwillian
Old
Thanks Meter 104
I think you need to reboot into the stock rom (since that is where safe strap was originally installed), then start safestrap and select the uninstall option, and you may also need to then check apps to make sure it is completely uninstalled. If not you can finish the uninstall from there.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

xxperrin
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
I am in the stock ROM. Uggh!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Dwillian
Old
Thanks Meter 104
You could use the Droid RAZR Utility (see http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2192467 ) to restore your phone back to stock. Use the wipe option. At that point you should be back to a completely stock RAZR.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

beyedup
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Were you able to get safesatrp 3.11 uninstalled yet? Did you install recovery on stock ROM or a custom Rom?

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

If you did install recovery on stock ROM and do not want to flash with Razr Utilty, you can try to reinstall recovery on stock to retry and remove it again. Something might have gone bad somewhere along your flashings and caused a mix up in files.

xxperrin
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Good call! The reinstall worked! Thanks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk