XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Updating SuperSU Binary -- Losing Root Privelages

Tip us?

BlackHayze
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Updating SuperSU Binary -- Losing Root Privelages

Same exact issue as described in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2366663

Except I downloaded the latest version of SuperSU (1.86 I believe) and when I went to flash it in TWRP I got a "Failed" message, so it did not fix my issue like it did in that thread. I'm running TWRP 3.6.0.0 and Android Revolution 31.6, on a Sprint HTC One. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Saaber
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Try flashing CWM recovery instead of TWRP. SuperSU should be able to correctly update the binary using CWM recovery. That worked for me, at least.

clsA
Old
Thanks Meter 638

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHayze View Post
Same exact issue as described in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2366663

Except I downloaded the latest version of SuperSU (1.86 I believe) and when I went to flash it in TWRP I got a "Failed" message, so it did not fix my issue like it did in that thread. I'm running TWRP 3.6.0.0 and Android Revolution 31.6, on a Sprint HTC One. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
The correct version of TWRP for your Sprint phone is 2.6.3.0
openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.0-m7wls.img
HTC One 32 GB AT&T (S-off, Unlocked, Rooted)
Please help keep www.htc1guru.com Alive and Donate

BlackHayze
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA View Post
The correct version of TWRP for your Sprint phone is 2.6.3.0
openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.0-m7wls.img
Sorry I had a brain fart, that is the versions of TWRP that I'm using. And I fixed the issue by reflashing using Superuser, but now am having issues with Sense 5 Toolbox and Xposed in general. I think I'm just gonna have to switch ROMs.