Ask a question

No registration required

Updating SuperSU Binary -- Losing Root Privelages

OP BlackHayze

5th January 2014, 02:32 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

47 posts
Same exact issue as described in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2366663

Except I downloaded the latest version of SuperSU (1.86 I believe) and when I went to flash it in TWRP I got a "Failed" message, so it did not fix my issue like it did in that thread. I'm running TWRP 3.6.0.0 and Android Revolution 31.6, on a Sprint HTC One. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
5th January 2014, 07:03 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 12

51 posts
Try flashing CWM recovery instead of TWRP. SuperSU should be able to correctly update the binary using CWM recovery. That worked for me, at least.
5th January 2014, 01:18 PM   |  #3  
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,291

4,723 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHayze

Same exact issue as described in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2366663

Except I downloaded the latest version of SuperSU (1.86 I believe) and when I went to flash it in TWRP I got a "Failed" message, so it did not fix my issue like it did in that thread. I'm running TWRP 3.6.0.0 and Android Revolution 31.6, on a Sprint HTC One. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

The correct version of TWRP for your Sprint phone is 2.6.3.0
openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.0-m7wls.img
6th January 2014, 04:39 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

47 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA

The correct version of TWRP for your Sprint phone is 2.6.3.0
openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.0-m7wls.img

Sorry I had a brain fart, that is the versions of TWRP that I'm using. And I fixed the issue by reflashing using Superuser, but now am having issues with Sense 5 Toolbox and Xposed in general. I think I'm just gonna have to switch ROMs.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread