Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

WiFi not enabling, need assistance

OP FlyingMonkeyScrotum

6th January 2014, 02:06 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
So I flashed SlimBean 2.2 not too long ago, restored my apps and settings via Titanium Backup, and everything was working smoothly... until last night when I rebooted the phone and the WiFi would not turn on. It was working flawlessly before, but now when I got to settings and try and enable it, it says "turning on..." and then never does. Data, bluetooth, and everything else seems to be working just fine, but the WiFi refuses to start up and scan any local networks. I cleared my Dalvik and my cache, yet to no avail. Any type of assistance would be appreciated. I would hate to have to change ROMs, since this one was working so well before this incident.
6th January 2014, 02:22 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 651
 
1,804 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMonkeyScrotum

So I flashed SlimBean 2.2 not too long ago, restored my apps and settings via Titanium Backup, and everything was working smoothly... until last night when I rebooted the phone and the WiFi would not turn on. It was working flawlessly before, but now when I got to settings and try and enable it, it says "turning on..." and then never does. Data, bluetooth, and everything else seems to be working just fine, but the WiFi refuses to start up and scan any local networks. I cleared my Dalvik and my cache, yet to no avail. Any type of assistance would be appreciated. I would hate to have to change ROMs, since this one was working so well before this incident.

You could try flashing the ROM back over top of itself after wiping cache and dalvik.
6th January 2014, 03:19 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by adfurgerson

You could try flashing the ROM back over top of itself after wiping cache and dalvik.

Just tried that and it still doesn't work. I'm completely stumped on this
6th January 2014, 03:33 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 651
 
1,804 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMonkeyScrotum

Just tried that and it still doesn't work. I'm completely stumped on this

I am just stabbing in the dark here but maybe try clearing data for settings app.
6th January 2014, 03:50 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by adfurgerson

I am just stabbing in the dark here but maybe try clearing data for settings app.

Tried that and, yet again, no luck. I honestly can't think of a single reason why my WiFi shouldn't be starting up like normal, especially since it was working normally before that reboot. Any other Slimbean users out there have/had any similar problems with their WiFi not starting?
6th January 2014, 04:59 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Well, I just did a clean sweep of my phone (wiped system, data, as well as cache and dalvik) and re-flashed the Slimbean rom and the WiFi is working again! Although, I'm worried this incident might come up again. I'll be sure to update this post if anything occurs. Thanks everyone.
The Following User Says Thank You to FlyingMonkeyScrotum For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes