XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

WiFi not enabling, need assistance

Tip us?

FlyingMonkeyScrotum
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default WiFi not enabling, need assistance

So I flashed SlimBean 2.2 not too long ago, restored my apps and settings via Titanium Backup, and everything was working smoothly... until last night when I rebooted the phone and the WiFi would not turn on. It was working flawlessly before, but now when I got to settings and try and enable it, it says "turning on..." and then never does. Data, bluetooth, and everything else seems to be working just fine, but the WiFi refuses to start up and scan any local networks. I cleared my Dalvik and my cache, yet to no avail. Any type of assistance would be appreciated. I would hate to have to change ROMs, since this one was working so well before this incident.

adfurgerson
Old
Thanks Meter 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMonkeyScrotum View Post
So I flashed SlimBean 2.2 not too long ago, restored my apps and settings via Titanium Backup, and everything was working smoothly... until last night when I rebooted the phone and the WiFi would not turn on. It was working flawlessly before, but now when I got to settings and try and enable it, it says "turning on..." and then never does. Data, bluetooth, and everything else seems to be working just fine, but the WiFi refuses to start up and scan any local networks. I cleared my Dalvik and my cache, yet to no avail. Any type of assistance would be appreciated. I would hate to have to change ROMs, since this one was working so well before this incident.
You could try flashing the ROM back over top of itself after wiping cache and dalvik.

FlyingMonkeyScrotum
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by adfurgerson View Post
You could try flashing the ROM back over top of itself after wiping cache and dalvik.
Just tried that and it still doesn't work. I'm completely stumped on this

adfurgerson
Old
Thanks Meter 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMonkeyScrotum View Post
Just tried that and it still doesn't work. I'm completely stumped on this
I am just stabbing in the dark here but maybe try clearing data for settings app.

FlyingMonkeyScrotum
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by adfurgerson View Post
I am just stabbing in the dark here but maybe try clearing data for settings app.
Tried that and, yet again, no luck. I honestly can't think of a single reason why my WiFi shouldn't be starting up like normal, especially since it was working normally before that reboot. Any other Slimbean users out there have/had any similar problems with their WiFi not starting?

FlyingMonkeyScrotum
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Well, I just did a clean sweep of my phone (wiped system, data, as well as cache and dalvik) and re-flashed the Slimbean rom and the WiFi is working again! Although, I'm worried this incident might come up again. I'll be sure to update this post if anything occurs. Thanks everyone.
The Following User Says Thank You to FlyingMonkeyScrotum For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]