Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,164 Members 50,191 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can I install a recovery over another recovery?

Tip us?

gladden237
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Can I install a recovery over another recovery?

I installed Freegee, then installed CWM. When I did the volume down plus power to boot into recover, it sent me to a screen that says "do want to hard factory reset?" (it has the word "rooted" in the top left corner). So no booting into recovery... So I decide to install ROM manager (It says I didnt have cwm installed though? so I clicked install...) So I boot into recovery from it, and make a backup.

My problem is I STILL cannot boot into recovery from the powered off state. So now I want to install TWRP to see if that changes things.

Can I install it through Rom manager/Freegee? Or will this screw things up? All I want is a backup in case things go wrong.....

Im rooted on the latest verizon OTA

Nicamarcel1
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Ok by removing rom manager clearing its data you will remove the recovery images that rom manager created for you. You will still have the recovery that rom manager created until you uninstall it.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

And i will say not to use rom maneger to install recovery images since it might brick your phone.... unless you have read that some other users have done it or at least you know how to use adb to push file that you might need later. Why do I say this because rom maneger its a rom manager not a recovery changer which it have very little support on but use rom tool box to go to recovery to make your back up.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using xda app-developers app