XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Smart cover with AOSP ROM

Tip us?

DamiaNations
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Smart cover with AOSP ROM

Just wondering if anyone has been able to come up with any solution to get a smart cover or the auto sleep/wake function to work on an AOSP ROM, I just purchased the IVSO cover and been stuck on a stock ROM to be able to utilize it. Thanks.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

pitrus-
Old
Thanks Meter 21
I don’t have any cover yet, so haven't been able to try it out. But you try this app on play store.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...utoscreenonoff

There are other apps on there for making it work. Stil waiting for CM to include it as an advanced option.

Sent from my LG-V510 using Tapatalk 4

colwellkr
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitrus- View Post
I don’t have any cover yet, so haven't been able to try it out. But you try this app on play store.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...utoscreenonoff

There are other apps on there for making it work. Stil waiting for CM to include it as an advanced option.

Sent from my LG-V510 using Tapatalk 4
These apps rely on proximity sensors (which this tab doesn't have) or light sensors which are extremely inaccurate. So while they can sometimes work they usually don't. A simple change in the ambient light will turn your screen on or off. I think we just have to keep waiting and hoping that the cm11 (or w/e rom you use) crew manages to crack LG's code for using the magnetic sensor.
LG G Pad 8.3 (v500) Cyanogenmod 11
LG Lucid 2 (vs870) Lucidian

toddsts
Old
Thanks Meter 4
My GPE seems to work with the IVSO cover/case.

Sent from my XT1060 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

colwellkr
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddsts View Post
My GPE seems to work with the IVSO cover/case.

Sent from my XT1060 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Does it really, hmm. If it does I hope the AOSP roms should be able to get it soon.

EdenGottlieb
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by colwellkr View Post
Does it really, hmm. If it does I hope the AOSP roms should be able to get it soon.
Extracting it from the GPE rom would probably be the best solution

Lucien2
Old
Thanks Meter 3
QuickPad™ - Direct Access to screen : When opening / closing the cover, LCD is automatically On/Off.

colwellkr
Old
(Last edited by colwellkr; 5th January 2014 at 10:29 PM.)
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien2 View Post
QuickPad™ - Direct Access to screen : When opening / closing the cover, LCD is automatically On/Off.
Searching the stock rom for this app, if I find it I will try installing and/or flashing it to see what happens. Here goes nothing.

EDIT: App does not install when trying to execute the apk. And flashing it will put it in /system/app but it doesn't appear to do anything. Maybe I have no idea what I'm doing but here is a zip file containing the apk and odex file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip LGQuickCover.zip - [Click for QR Code] (9.8 KB, 14 views)

CuraeL
Old
Thanks Meter 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by colwellkr View Post
Searching the stock rom for this app, if I find it I will try installing and/or flashing it to see what happens. Here goes nothing.

EDIT: App does not install when trying to execute the apk. And flashing it will put it in /system/app but it doesn't appear to do anything. Maybe I have no idea what I'm doing but here is a zip file containing the apk and odex file.
Interesting.. I reckon we're deeper down tho then this app. Simply put, the proximity sensor isn't picked up as set-up in the AOSP roms fro v500. We need the proximity sensor to be picked up as hardware in order for any app to do anything. The application I linked you, where it used light to shut off the tablet can also use proximity, but since it's not there on our pad, we're left in the cold for now.. This app may work better once the proximity sensor is in. But usually CM and AOKP and so forth always included this feature themselves without the need for flashing anything.. At least for the Nexus 2012 I had, and well, all other devices kindof turn off when you hold them close to your face, simply because the proximity sensor is recognizing it, to turn off.

With that said, I'm still downloading this file. :P

"XO Pressley has the deck."

CuraeL
Old
Thanks Meter 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamiaNations View Post
Just wondering if anyone has been able to come up with any solution to get a smart cover or the auto sleep/wake function to work on an AOSP ROM, I just purchased the IVSO cover and been stuck on a stock ROM to be able to utilize it. Thanks.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6#post49160436

"XO Pressley has the deck."