XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Rooted+twrp factory reset

Tip us?

zimilaci
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default Rooted+twrp factory reset

Dear all, my questions might have been answered already, but the search function was not really helpful.

I am trying to do a reset like the factory reset, so to delete all except the system data...even the music and pictures....without sideloading a software....is it possible?

Thanks!!

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app
HTC One 32Gb M7UL S-Off
HBoot: 1.54 Dark Bootloader No Red Warning Text
FW: 4.19.401.11 Radio: 4A.25.3263.28
ROM: MIUI V5 4.4.18
Kernel: ElementalX
Custom Splash and Boot Animation

RETIRED: - iPhone 3gs/4, Samsung Galaxy S3/S4

middaymoon
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimilaci View Post
Dear all, my questions might have been answered already, but the search function was not really helpful.

I am trying to do a reset like the factory reset, so to delete all except the system data...even the music and pictures....without sideloading a software....is it possible?

Thanks!!

Not sure what you mean about sideloading software. If you're OK with deleting your OS as well, the full wipe feature in TWRP will definitely do that. But that will leave you with NOTHING except TWRP, so don't do that unless you're willing and able to use adb to push a new ROM to the phone (there won't be anything saved on your SD) and flash it.

zimilaci
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Well that exactly what I meant by writing sideloading (adb push) is there any way to avoid that?),

HTC One 32Gb M7UL S-Off
HBoot: 1.54 Dark Bootloader No Red Warning Text
FW: 4.19.401.11 Radio: 4A.25.3263.28
ROM: MIUI V5 4.4.18
Kernel: ElementalX
Custom Splash and Boot Animation

RETIRED: - iPhone 3gs/4, Samsung Galaxy S3/S4

middaymoon
Old
Thanks Meter 3
umm I suppose you could try using the Advanced wipe in TWRP, it's an option after you click the WIPE button. It gives you a list of partitions you want to wipe. I suppose in theory you could wipe all but the system but I'm not sure if that's a good idea. I'd take a nandroid backup first (and put it on your computer.)

Why are you trying to avoid ADB?

fenstre
Old
Thanks Meter 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimilaci View Post
This is perfectly safe. You should do "advanced wipe" and format userdata partition and sdcard. Just don't wipe "system".
If I helped, click Thanks!