5,598,171 Members 43,122 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Xperia ZR still worth buying?

Tip us?

gizmofreakxp
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi, I am also planning to buy my first android phone. My usage will me the same as of Chrispynutt except that I am not much into gaming (except for basic games like fruit cutter, temple run etc). Priority for me would be loud clear voice quality and good HD photos and videos

I am confused between Xperia ZR and Xperia ZL. Which of these will be the better performing phones and does Sony plan to countinue it's support/upgrade in 2014 and may be later on?

Also does these phones support 'AutoVoice Integratio​n with Google Now' ( youtube[dot]com/watch?v=wI4bSMiO_xY )

Jonfensu
Old
Thanks Meter 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmofreakxp View Post
Hi, I am also planning to buy my first android phone. My usage will me the same as of Chrispynutt except that I am not much into gaming (except for basic games like fruit cutter, temple run etc). Priority for me would be loud clear voice quality and good HD photos and videos

I am confused between Xperia ZR and Xperia ZL. Which of these will be the better performing phones and does Sony plan to countinue it's support/upgrade in 2014 and may be later on?

Also does these phones support 'AutoVoice Integratio​n with Google Now' ( youtube[dot]com/watch?v=wI4bSMiO_xY )
Wait for Z1 mini... Sony will launch it in CES
Feel Xperia Z1 F: Strong, brilliant, both hands Google Translate

eljibZR
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmofreakxp View Post

I suggest you wait too as voice quality is correct on Zr but not awesome, even quite bad sometimes.
Also the camera is decent but nothing more. 13MP but the iphone is better with is 8MP...
The vga front camera is awful...
I think sony had a great concept with the ZR (quite as good as the big one but smaller size, closer to the iphone) but the ZR was just a first attempt.
The internal memory is too small, the battery average as the camera...
Im happy with it but the Z1s seems to be a lot better deal.

And for support and update, I m still waiting for 4.3 in my country so don't expect much from Sony...
They said ZR will get 4.4 but when? When Android 5 will be released?