5,604,686 Members 35,278 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unable to OTA update 4.4.0 to 4.4.2 (basicdeams.apk))

Tip us?
 
raunakroy
Old
(Last edited by raunakroy; 5th January 2014 at 11:14 AM.) Reason: Forgot to mention GPe stock
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Dec 2013
Default [Q] Unable to OTA update 4.4.0 to 4.4.2 (basicdeams.apk))

So I have a Sense HTC One which I rooted (TWRP)) and s-offed to install 4.4 GPe stock. Worked absolutely fine but when I try to update the 4.4.2 OTA, TWRP stops with the error - "unexpected contents in /sys/basicdreams.apk

I tried moving the file, deleting the file, downloading a new copy and putting it in /sys - but it just wont work.

Anyone faced this problem?
 
clsA
Old
#2  
clsA's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 674
Posts: 2,554
Join Date: Aug 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by raunakroy View Post
So I have a Sense HTC One which I rooted (TWRP)) and s-offed to install 4.4 GPe stock. Worked absolutely fine but when I try to update the 4.4.2 OTA, TWRP stops with the error - "unexpected contents in /sys/basicdreams.apk

I tried moving the file, deleting the file, downloading a new copy and putting it in /sys - but it just wont work.

Anyone faced this problem?
You need stock recovery to flash OTA updates
HTC One 32 GB AT&T (S-off, Unlocked, Rooted)
Please help keep www.htc1guru.com Alive and Donate
 
apptum
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA View Post
You need stock recovery to flash OTA updates
had the same problem and it took me quite a while to figure it out, lol. seems to be common wisdom, no how-to I read mentioned it.
 
raunakroy
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA View Post
You need stock recovery to flash OTA updates
Wow, so I can never get OTA updates. I need to wait for custom ROM with the update in it? Any 4.4.2 GPe stock ROM out there?
 
tiny4579
Old
#5  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3794
Posts: 7,016
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by raunakroy View Post
Wow, so I can never get OTA updates. I need to wait for custom ROM with the update in it? Any 4.4.2 GPe stock ROM out there?
You can flash stock recovery then update then flash back. Is there a problem there? If not there are stock. Roms available. It just takes a little bit of looking.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
 
raunakroy
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny4579 View Post
You can flash stock recovery then update then flash back. Is there a problem there? If not there are stock. Roms available. It just takes a little bit of looking.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
yes - my bad entirely. Apologies, found a 4.4.2 GPe custom ROM under 20 mins of searching.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2356654

Thanks for help.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Microsoft Finally Brings Remote Desktop to Windows Phone

You may recall that back in October of last year, Microsoft released itsofficial … more

SideControl Gains New Powers through Xposed

You may recall that a little overa month ago, we first talked about SideCutsby XDA Forum … more

Leak Points to Windows Start Menu’s Return as Soon as August

About a month ago at this year’s Build conference, Microsoft … more

Wearables Walkthrough: Tasker on the Samsung Galaxy Gear – XDA Developer TV

The future certainly looks like it is full of wearables. … more