Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

[Q] Unable to OTA update 4.4.0 to 4.4.2 (basicdeams.apk))

OP raunakroy

5th January 2014, 11:09 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
So I have a Sense HTC One which I rooted (TWRP)) and s-offed to install 4.4 GPe stock. Worked absolutely fine but when I try to update the 4.4.2 OTA, TWRP stops with the error - "unexpected contents in /sys/basicdreams.apk

I tried moving the file, deleting the file, downloading a new copy and putting it in /sys - but it just wont work.

Anyone faced this problem?
Last edited by raunakroy; 5th January 2014 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention GPe stock
5th January 2014, 11:55 AM   |  #2  
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,076

3,986 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raunakroy

So I have a Sense HTC One which I rooted (TWRP)) and s-offed to install 4.4 GPe stock. Worked absolutely fine but when I try to update the 4.4.2 OTA, TWRP stops with the error - "unexpected contents in /sys/basicdreams.apk

I tried moving the file, deleting the file, downloading a new copy and putting it in /sys - but it just wont work.

Anyone faced this problem?

You need stock recovery to flash OTA updates
5th January 2014, 01:16 PM   |  #3  

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA

had the same problem and it took me quite a while to figure it out, lol. seems to be common wisdom, no how-to I read mentioned it.
5th January 2014, 04:08 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA

Wow, so I can never get OTA updates. I need to wait for custom ROM with the update in it? Any 4.4.2 GPe stock ROM out there?
5th January 2014, 06:12 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,205

7,872 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raunakroy

Wow, so I can never get OTA updates. I need to wait for custom ROM with the update in it? Any 4.4.2 GPe stock ROM out there?

You can flash stock recovery then update then flash back. Is there a problem there? If not there are stock. Roms available. It just takes a little bit of looking.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
6th January 2014, 05:14 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny4579

You can flash stock recovery then update then flash back. Is there a problem there? If not there are stock. Roms available. It just takes a little bit of looking.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

yes - my bad entirely. Apologies, found a 4.4.2 GPe custom ROM under 20 mins of searching.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2356654

Thanks for help.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread