True Silent Mode for Lollipop – XDA Xposed Tuesday

The post True Silent Mode for Lollipop XDA Xposed Tuesday appeared first on … more

List of Edge Panel Compatible Apps

more

Google Announces Plans for Projects Titan, Loon and Link

The post Google Announces Plans for Projects Titan, Loon and Link appeared first on … more

Here’s What the HTC One M9 Camera Can Do

more

[Q] Unable to OTA update 4.4.0 to 4.4.2 (basicdeams.apk))

OP raunakroy

5th January 2014, 12:09 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
So I have a Sense HTC One which I rooted (TWRP)) and s-offed to install 4.4 GPe stock. Worked absolutely fine but when I try to update the 4.4.2 OTA, TWRP stops with the error - "unexpected contents in /sys/basicdreams.apk

I tried moving the file, deleting the file, downloading a new copy and putting it in /sys - but it just wont work.

Anyone faced this problem?
Last edited by raunakroy; 5th January 2014 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention GPe stock
5th January 2014, 12:55 PM   |  #2  
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,519

5,507 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raunakroy

So I have a Sense HTC One which I rooted (TWRP)) and s-offed to install 4.4 GPe stock. Worked absolutely fine but when I try to update the 4.4.2 OTA, TWRP stops with the error - "unexpected contents in /sys/basicdreams.apk

I tried moving the file, deleting the file, downloading a new copy and putting it in /sys - but it just wont work.

Anyone faced this problem?

You need stock recovery to flash OTA updates
5th January 2014, 02:16 PM   |  #3  

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA

had the same problem and it took me quite a while to figure it out, lol. seems to be common wisdom, no how-to I read mentioned it.
5th January 2014, 05:08 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA

Wow, so I can never get OTA updates. I need to wait for custom ROM with the update in it? Any 4.4.2 GPe stock ROM out there?
5th January 2014, 07:12 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,472

8,319 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raunakroy

Wow, so I can never get OTA updates. I need to wait for custom ROM with the update in it? Any 4.4.2 GPe stock ROM out there?

You can flash stock recovery then update then flash back. Is there a problem there? If not there are stock. Roms available. It just takes a little bit of looking.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
6th January 2014, 06:14 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny4579

You can flash stock recovery then update then flash back. Is there a problem there? If not there are stock. Roms available. It just takes a little bit of looking.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

yes - my bad entirely. Apologies, found a 4.4.2 GPe custom ROM under 20 mins of searching.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2356654

Thanks for help.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread