XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

battery dead?

Tip us?

techker
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default battery dead?

hey guy's i haven't played around with my touchpad in over 4 months...recently i have tried turning it on and it was completely dead...so i plugged it in for like 3 days..still nothing..

so im reading in different threads that it seems common when the battery dies completely...

so i have tried all the volume up power tap the menu....volume down...

i plugged it to my pc and tryed the volume up trick.he pc seems to recognize it in the device manager..see on pic.

so whats the next step?is the an app to install on pc like odin??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hp.PNG
Views:	529
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	2468473  
The Following User Says Thank You to techker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Izeltokatl
Old
Thanks Meter 96
Does the device even attempt to power up? Or is there no on screen activity whatsoever?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

techker
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izeltokatl View Post
Does the device even attempt to power up? Or is there no on screen activity whatsoever?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4
i got it going with the ubuntu tutorial.seems like there was a file that was corrupt..

then i tried to upgrade the cm9 to 10 with no success..no the tablet boots to webos direct no more dual boot screen.,,,,

but it's ok i gave it to my mom..she is fine with webos..for emails and facebook...lol

but odd...
The Following User Says Thank You to techker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vishnumrao
Old
(Last edited by vishnumrao; 6th January 2014 at 12:36 AM.) Reason: delete reply, since the OP is able to boot with webos.
Thanks Meter 0
delete reply, since the OP is able to boot with webos.

Datlilboricua
Old
Thanks Meter 65

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by techker View Post
i got it going with the ubuntu tutorial.seems like there was a file that was corrupt..

then i tried to upgrade the cm9 to 10 with no success..no the tablet boots to webos direct no more dual boot screen.,,,,

but it's ok i gave it to my mom..she is fine with webos..for emails and facebook...lol

but odd...
can u pm me what u used to get it working thanks
Device1: Htc Sensation 4g rooted S-Off
Rom: SmartDroidBerserk Mode v2.1
BaseBand: 11.76A.3504.00P_11.24A.3504.31_M
Kernel: 3.0.36-Bricked1.4-g67d3c72
Recovery: 4EXT Touch Recovery v1.0.0.5 Rc5
Twitter: @princetwigs

Device2: Sidekick 4G Rooted (cracked screen)
ROM: Clean Fusion V3
Launcher: HeLauncher
Kernel: Bali-X v2.2 1.2GHz Port
Recovery: CWM
Modem: @princetwigs

scy1192
Old
(Last edited by scy1192; 6th January 2014 at 04:17 AM.)
Thanks Meter 146
Unplug your tablet, then hold in Power + Vol Down + Menu. After 10 or so second the Touchpad should turn on and show the AC plug. Plug it into the AC charger and let it charge. If the Touchpad was completely dead and didn't have any charge whatsoever (you say that you've been charging for 3 days), you would want to charge it for a few hours first. It charges extremely slow in a powered-off state and likely won't get much more power than is required to boot into the low battery mode even after 3 days of charging while off.

source: my Touchpad has done this many times
The Following User Says Thank You to scy1192 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

techker
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by scy1192 View Post
Unplug your tablet, then hold in Power + Vol Down + Menu. After 10 or so second the Touchpad should turn on and show the AC plug. Plug it into the AC charger and let it charge. If the Touchpad was completely dead and didn't have any charge whatsoever (you say that you've been charging for 3 days), you would want to charge it for a few hours first. It charges extremely slow in a powered-off state and likely won't get much more power than is required to boot into the low battery mode even after 3 days of charging while off.

source: my Touchpad has done this many times
this is what saved it!

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/38786-tpdebrick-v004/

tpdebrick!