Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,490 Members 51,153 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Which model S3 will work best on Tmobile besides T999L

Tip us?

Cheeva316
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Which model S3 will work best on Tmobile besides T999L

ok Obviously the SGH-T999l Tmobile version would work best but Im looking to purchase used on craigslist hopefully tomorrow and found no T999L Tmobile s3's for sale.

I have my eye on the metro GSM version T999N which currently is not unlocked but anyways have read that when unlocked it's the 2nd best to the T999L on Tmobile to get AWS and LTE on tmobile?

I also heard the AT&t version works just as good as the T999L version with LTE and AWS??

Also yes I am in a LTE area as I have a unlocked Nexus 4 with LTE enabled currently with 20-30 mbps down so my area is good.

Please clarify if the At&t S3 unlocked model will work the same as the T999L & T999N versions, something about using the same bands as tmobile does for AWS and LTE,

Just looking for clarification as I have searched for hrs and haven't found a definitive answer

thanks in advance

serio22
Old
Thanks Meter 641
The at&t model won't work as good as a t999l or t999n because it lacks 1700 aws.. But it might be ok in your area as it's likely a refarmed area with 1900 aws that the at&t model supports

Edit: it'll pick up lte just fine though

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk