XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sorry, but note 2 unlocking confuses me

Tip us?

butthurtlocker
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Default Sorry, but note 2 unlocking confuses me

I have tried to sift through the forums like most ppl reccomend to find the answer to my question but i just saw too much advice from both ends. So I am asking, someone to help a total step by step needing noob- HOW do I sim unlock my Note 2 i317m running rooted Android 4.3 for FREE? I've read downgrading to android 4.1.1 via odin is a nightmare and I've heard all you do is backup baseband then downgrade via odin ? I;m not sure how to backup a baseband nor do i know where any android 4.1.1 files remain! Please if anyone can help me out i again apologize for the repeat question but i am not as savvy as most of you and need a little extra guidance!

emeianoite
Old
Thanks Meter 10

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by butthurtlocker View Post
I have tried to sift through the forums like most ppl reccomend to find the answer to my question but i just saw too much advice from both ends. So I am asking, someone to help a total step by step needing noob- HOW do I sim unlock my Note 2 i317m running rooted Android 4.3 for FREE? I've read downgrading to android 4.1.1 via odin is a nightmare and I've heard all you do is backup baseband then downgrade via odin ? I;m not sure how to backup a baseband nor do i know where any android 4.1.1 files remain! Please if anyone can help me out i again apologize for the repeat question but i am not as savvy as most of you and need a little extra guidance!
All the information is provided here. Take a deep breath and go one at a time. First you need to downgrade back to 4.1.1. Once you got 4.1.1, then you unlock and re update to 4.3. I've done it minus the downgrade.
iPhone 3, iPhone 3s, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s (iPhones are lame)
GALAXY NOTE 2 Unlocked - SLIMrom 4.4.4 - GALAXY NOTE 2 Unlocked Android 4.4.2 Stock TouchWiz

Blind impulse 02, Vision impulse 03, Rat impulse 03, Matrix 02. Shootin ropes - Get LIT.

butthurtlocker
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by emeianoite View Post
All the information is provided here. Take a deep breath and go one at a time. First you need to downgrade back to 4.1.1. Once you got 4.1.1, then you unlock and re update to 4.3. I've done it minus the downgrade.
Thanks for the advice but that doesnt help my case. I know what i have to do i just don't know the steps. I had a gaalxy s4 that I borked. I had android 4.3 on it and tried to flash android 4.1.1 by odin and it instantly failed and left me with a bricked device. couldnt get into recovey or anything. How do i actually flash back to 4.1.1 successfully? Then how to i unlock bootloader? Can you link me to some steps? Also how does one back up a baseband via TWRP!? soo many questions im just too new at this!